Hero's Mom to Usher

Drop A Beat

At My Son's Wedding, PLEASE!

8/8/2013 6:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0807-usher-singing-getty-article
Usher is publicly thanking the men who saved his son from drowning in a pool this week ... but the mother of one of the heroes wants Usher to show his gratitude in a different way -- by becoming a wedding singer ... TMZ has learned.

The mother of Ben Crews -- the audio-video worker who pulled Usher Raymond V out of his great aunt's pool -- tells us her son is getting hitched next week, and she thinks it would be a nice gesture for Usher to sing at the wedding.

Mama Leigh Crews tells us Ben isn't expecting any money for his heroic deed --  but she says a tune or 2 would make his wedding unforgettable.

Usher released a statement saying "I would especially like to thank the two men who saved my son's life, Eugene Stachurski and Ben Crews.  They are true heroes and I am deeply grateful to them."

We called Usher's rep.  So far no word back on whether Ben will get a really good reception.

Quiet

lol that lady nuts.. shedosent want money, she wants ushers time to sing two songs at a wedding?
he is 85% away from his children working and all the lady wants is his time to sing at a wedding.. fat chance from what i have read all over

bjay

How about mama keeps her mouth shut and appreciates that her son was there at the right time to save a child. What a greedy woman! She is totally ruining what was a selfless act.

Azi

Here we go, another nobody trying to become somebody, at least for 15 minutes.

MCumley

I would say "how could anyone possibly say no!?" But, celebrities have such a tendency to be self righteous and unappreciative. It would be a cool gesture, I think.

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

If there aren´t all those electronic gadgets that alter his voice at concerts and in the studio, Usher might ruin the wedding with his off-key caterwauling.

Reese

"Mom, Shut Up!" Said Ben Crews

The Executives Wife

He is the last guy I would want singing at my wedding. Yuck

Just me

Shame on this lady. That is so wrong!

newsjunkie69

Maybe they are fans. This article could be taken out of context to make them sound greedy.

Laura

They don't want any money for their heroics? I don't think that should have even come up.

Jordan

Usher might be grateful, but 2 songs at a wedding usher would get $250,000 i don't think he is that grateful to sing at the wedding.

Mattie

It would be a nice gesture. And even nicer gesture would have been quietly inviting Usher and his son to the wedding and hoping he agreed to sing a song. Her poor son is probably so embarrassed. I agree that this seems to minimize his selfish heroic act. Will his friend also expect something now? A song at a birthday party?

Aileen (Canada)

This woman has an absolute cheek to ask this of Usher! What a chancer. Usher named and thanked Ben who I am sure would have done the same for anyone -all the while, not expecting a handout for his heroic efforts.

Petite_ange

The mom is being very sleazy about this. Who asks for a favor right after they do a good deed? You do what is right not because of what you can get but because it is the right thing to do. If her son invites Usher to his wedding , I am sure he would sing but to ask it via the media... Anyway I hope her son is not too embarrassed his mom.

rosa

Umm doing a good deed or a gesture should not expect anything in return. This mom is a total opportunist. Isn't it enough that she can claim her son helped a child from drowning. Not who's child & what the parent can do to repay the gesture.. Why isn't a thank you enough? Mom you are a jerk, trying to benefit from someone's misfortune.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments