Hero's Mom to Usher

Drop A Beat

At My Son's Wedding, PLEASE!

8/8/2013 6:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0807-usher-singing-getty-article
Usher is publicly thanking the men who saved his son from drowning in a pool this week ... but the mother of one of the heroes wants Usher to show his gratitude in a different way -- by becoming a wedding singer ... TMZ has learned.

The mother of Ben Crews -- the audio-video worker who pulled Usher Raymond V out of his great aunt's pool -- tells us her son is getting hitched next week, and she thinks it would be a nice gesture for Usher to sing at the wedding.

Mama Leigh Crews tells us Ben isn't expecting any money for his heroic deed --  but she says a tune or 2 would make his wedding unforgettable.

Usher released a statement saying "I would especially like to thank the two men who saved my son's life, Eugene Stachurski and Ben Crews.  They are true heroes and I am deeply grateful to them."

We called Usher's rep.  So far no word back on whether Ben will get a really good reception.

mrz16

Usher expressed his gratitude. The mother has clouded her son's and bride to be special day with this selfish request. She should pipe down, focus on the wedding and feel good that her son was able to do such a wonderful thing.

Bagheera

Screw spending time with your injured and hospitalized son, you should sing at my friend's wedding instead!
---
I hope she wears this scarlet letter for a long time.

Jericho Morton

If there was EVER something defined as "the least" you could do, to sing in praise of the life of your son, this would be it.

Shades46

The mother of Ben Crew is obviously taking advantage of her son's beautiful act of saving the life of a helpless young boy - Usher's son. It's certainly not classy. No, let me correct that: It's extremely classless. So, that ball is now in Usher's court. How do you respond to this request based on the life of your very own son? So, reluctantly, I would recommend Usher to sing at the wedding. Ben's mother is not asking for money, a house, a car or any material object. She's asking for song. Usher needs to show gratitude and it's a simple request; it's also, unfortunately, the right thing to do under the cir***stances.

Dee

I think singing a couple of sons for a man that helped save your sons life, should be doable. I think will get it done.

Jordan

At the most Usher could show up at the Wedding with a nice gift for them drink a Champagne toast and leave. He should not have to move in a Stage Band Dancers Lighting a crew to set up and Knock it down. for 2 songs that he normally gets paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for if not into the low millions to perform. What this mother wants.

noezwin

Real hero's don't ask to be compensated in any manner and this takes away from the act that was performed. I never here our Armed Service hero's asking for anything. Some having received the highest honor's that this country has to offer and others paying the ultimate price. There parents never request anything from this country.

cheryl

Are you kidding me. She doesn't expect money, just perform at wedding. Not saying much for your son, would he of let the child drown if he knew beforehand what the reward would be?

phil

If I were Usher though, Id seriously give a Thank YOU with a cheque to both men, with the clause it cannot be dislosed in public. They saved his sons life...and thats a big deal. He has millions $, and karma is about sharing..and showing appreciation...and kindness

Dobby

I think that would be a nice thing for him to do.

America's Sweetheart

I can see where it would be a nice gesture, but given the cir***stances does this woman really expect usher to be singing at a wedding when he could be spending time with his son?!? I mean come on now.....grow a brain cell lady!!!!!

Demi

All that money an no nose job. Usher , get grip!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3