Ben Affleck

I Told Lindsay

How To Stay Sober

8/12/2013 5:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0812_ben_affleck_lindsay_lohan_Article_tmz
Lindsay Lohan
got a surprise visit while she was ensconced in rehab -- we found out Ben Affleck had a secret meeting with her as a show of support.

Affleck -- who himself was in rehab back in 2001 -- met Lindsay somewhere away from the Cliffside rehab facility in Malibu where Lindsay was getting treatment.  We're told Ben gave her guidance on how to maintain sobriety after rehab for someone in Hollywood.

We're told Ben talked to Lindsay about how to make a comeback in Hollywood -- a subject on which he's an expert.  Ben talked to Lindsay about her career -- on how talented she is and how she has the ability to turn things around.

Ben also told her how supportive the entertainment community is for people who make a real effort to get better and stay clean.  Our sources say the meeting really touched her.

The meeting was not about Lindsay appearing in Ben's new movie, "Live By Night."  Lindsay will not be in the flick.

pattycakes not to be confused with pattycake

90 days of luxury rehab and taters, taters, taters! What happened? No daily pilates? No dailywalks? No seaweed wraps? Doesn't look like it to me. Man if I got 90 days of luxury i'd be the after picture on a fitness commercial. Taters, taters I'm no gater!

LaLa

How long until she gets a starring role in one of his films? Connections....damn.

Bess

I hope someone reports this off-site meeting to the judge or DA.

Dee

I wonder how fast he'll talk up when she starts to bottom out again.

abby

"met Lindsay somewhere away from the Cliffside rehab facility in Malibu" . . . excuse me? I thought she wasn't allowed to leave the facility or it would be a violation of her parole.

Getahobby

K. So LILO is a certified addict- maybe someday she wil do good & become a drug/alchol counsler- her career is washed. Like the repitive stories of the same people. TMZ you hav a TV program- you Shuld b abov par from other gossip sites- ok ok LILO is an addict we get it. NEXT PLEZE.. So many stories everyday.. But same ol same ol...

Aaron Saltzer

I hope she's surrounding herself with good people this time. The rumors I've heard of her hanging out with Max George recently, makes me wonder...

Ivan in Phoenix

TMZ, at the beginning of these stories please report which Lohan you bought the story from and how much you paid them. That way we know which one of them is the biggest money grubbing skeeze.

Rosemary83

He probably told her to stick with the pot.

Andyconda#LITTLESTAR

Two bad actors

darkhorse91

Well today was fun. Enjoyed my day back at school, enjoyed reading your guy's comments. And yes I'm a college student before anyone asks. So good night all! See you guys tomorrow.

Andyconda#LITTLESTAR

In that pic it looks like mickey reurke

Suzy Q

Yeah, this story is must PR bull. Talking to an addict means nothing to them and if Affleck went to rehab he would know that. I don't think this every happened.

Sam

to all the posters who defend Lindsay Lohan and call us cyberbullies.

when amanda bynes was having her very public meltdown, I, as well as many of the other haters of Lying Lindsay Lohan immediately recognized the fact that Amanda was ill. we did not attack her, we did not make cruel comments, we wished her well, and hoped that someone would step in and help her. Why? because Amanda was a sweet, likeable, former child star. Amanda wasn't a well do***ented liar. Amanda wasn't constantly being arrested for theft, driving under the influence, beating people up in clubs. She wasn't a familiar face in court and she wasn't constantly beating jail time with cushy rehab stints. She never acted like an entitled b*tch. Her parents publicly acknowledged her disturbing behavior and didn't defend it.

The difference between Lindsay's defenders and her detractors is the fact that we, her detractors can smell bullschit a mile a way, and can't help but to call it out for what it is, pure, unadulterated bullschit.

JesusSaves

Secret meeting? So Ben did not want anyone to find out? Bwahahaaaah! I love how all these stories claim that LL was touched by this or touched by that. Pfffffftttt!!! Touched but not vowing to change. Using clepto lying Lindsay Lohan's name and the word sobriety in the same sentence is laughable!!!