Paula Deen

Wins Racial Lawsuit

That Destroyed Her

8/12/2013 1:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0628_paula_deen_article_tmz_1In one of the most supremely ironic court decisions in a long time, a judge just threw out the racial discrimination claim filed against Paula Deen -- the very lawsuit that destroyed the famous chef.

A judge just ruled ... Lisa Jackson had no right to claim racial discrimination, BECAUSE SHE'S WHITE!  Any comments that Deen or her cohorts may have made had no legal consequence to her, because she's simply not the right color.

Jackson made a tenuous argument that someone in her family was bi-racial -- something that may not be true at all.  But the judge said even if it were true, she was at best an "accidental victim."

Short story -- Jackson ruined Paula with a bogus claim.

The case goes on, because Jackson also claims sexual discrimination, and so far there's not basis to doubt that she's a woman.

0628_companies_dropped_paula_deen_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26

dootise

for accuracy's sake, she didn't win anything.The case was dismissed because the plaintiff didn't have standing..ie:A person of one color can't claim they are being discriminated against because their boss allegedly says irriitating things about people of another color, entirely. This was a frivolous lawsuit..there should be rule 11 sanctions against the plaintiff.

jericho777

The deliberate and growing misconception by blacks are, that Whites are an ethnic
Group, we are definitely not! Therefore, we just cannot possibly be
grouped solely by our whiteness and be judged as racist, our being white are to diverse...
On an individual basis we can, yes, ethnically, possibly...
I am ethnically Scot-Irish, English. If all Scots, All Irish and all English held to and practiced racist beliefs, then yes, I could possibly be
rightly profiled as being a racist just the same, as they are a direct part of
my character, heritage and my ethnicity?
But we know that no matter how they try to fabricate and present the big white lie that by the association of our whiteness we are all racist and amass all whites as an ethnic group is just asinine and absolutely impossible, our whiteness is just to diverse...
To say that whites are racist just shows their utter stupidity and ignorance to the truth, they are fools for doing so and the ones being divisive....
Paula made a fool of herself by repetitively apologizing to these chutzpah's and fools! She lost allot of my respect for doing so, and support as well!

shyatt

I noticed that they didn't identify the judge in this case. And since when did you have to be black to file a racism case? Looks to me the judge should be charged with racist remarks saying you have to be black. Is this judge white or black to make these remarks. Now Paula should get her job back with Food Network and paid back wages on top of that plus lost revenue on her products that were pulled from the shelves

Jim hawkins

Paula has a new grandbaby that should clear up all the controversy...

Jim hawkins

Paula has a new grandbaby that should clear up all the controversy...

tonywestspeaks!

This calling black people n@$rs and stuff can now get very costly for white folk. Ouch!

Badshot46

The story goes you can fit in a phone booth the number of people who have never used the N word.

Just goes to show you there are white "Ns" out there.

GlindaTheGoodBitch

I can't imagine this case having gone any other way! What next, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton sinking their fangs their fangs into this further? This world is becoming INSANELY RIDUNKULOUS! I'm white and even my sane black friends agree. STOP THE INSANITY! IT'S 2013 FOR CHRISSAKE! MOVE ON AND STOP LIVING IN THE PAST. Mistakes were made, yes. People make them everyday, even now. Everyone. "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone." Remember that. <3 GlindaTheGoodBitch <3 from GlindaTheGoodBitch.com And don't forget to "Like" my Facebook page too or I may have to beat you with my wand and I have a really BIG wand, LOL! Smooches!

lili

Black folks had nothing to do with this lawsuit. Blacks didn't sue Paula.

So now who are the racist extortionists?

It's truly embarrassing.

John

will she be able to get back with the companies that dropped her?

Patrice

The problem I have is not about the color of anyone in,near, or around the case. My problem is that the word was said. That is why Paula things were pull and she was remove from programs.

A1A

I'm still trying to figure out why Obama "identifies as black" when he could just as well identify as white, considering he is 50/50. Isn't the whole concept of racism based upon a persons skin color? So, if someone is 50/50 and they come out and state they are one color not the other, that's racism isn't it?

Karen

I have read a recent statement of support for Paula written by the man who robbed her at gunpoint over 30 years ago Eugene Thomas King Jr. "...she is being persecuted....I regret that I pointed a gun at her..." Paula's ex husband agrees that Paula is in no way a racist; shortly after having a gun pointed at her she simply responded in fear and anger at having her life threatened. To Paula's so called friends, including Oprah all I can do is quote Oprah herself from her TV show "When people show you who they are, believe them the first time." Oprah has shown us all who she is. I believe her.

S

Saying Paula Deen was "destroyed" is pretty bad language TMZ. Do you condone murder? Because you sound like you do using an angry word like that. You sound like you think she should be destroyed. And she wasn't dextroyed. I looked up a recipe for vegetable dips on their website and whose version should appear at the very top? Paula Deen's.

jeff

Good for her. Who needs to deal with idiots like Miss Jackson. I would have closed thr restaurant immediately. Paula is now stronger and more prosperous than ever. Good for her.

Previous 15 Comments | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26