50 Cent Lawsuit

I LOST 'Cause I'm Black

8/18/2013 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0816_50_cent_article_tmz
50 Cent says he got SCREWED in court recently because the judge was a rap-hating RACIST ... and now he wants the allegedly bias ruling overturned ... this according to court docs.

Earlier this year 50 and company called Sleek Audio were embroiled in a bitter lawsuit. 50 claimed Sleek owed him over $261,000. Sleek said otherwise. The case went to arbitration -- a binding process in which an arbitrator picks the winner.

Bad news for 50, the arbitrator sided with Sleek (the final $$$ judgement was kept under wraps).

But 50 refuses to go gently into that good night ... and is taking the battle to federal court -- claiming the arbitration judge discriminated against him because he's black, associates with controversial African-American figures AND because he's a high profile rap artist.

Specifically ... 50 says the bias ran so deep the judge didn't allow him to cross-examine witnesses and refused to look at evidence pertaining to the case. Pretty bold claims.

He wants the award axed ASAP and is asking for a new hearing ... where he says he'll prove the judge was out to get him from the get go.

Sleek fired back too ... claiming 50's allegations of racism are a desperate attempt to avoid the arbitration decision and get it brought before an actual court.

0819_50_cent_through_years_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

darrells

you know, I think that there are certain white people who loooove stories like these because the first thing that they do is jump in and comment, black folks does this, black folks do that, I mean all 30 million black folks do the same thing, its the black folks are racist, yada yada yada, one individual do not represent our race..all the crazy shyt that you see in the news that white people do, do you see a zillion black folks coming in here commenting that all white folks do this or that etc..NO, and therre are thousands of stories out there like that, and about hispanics and asians and etc..give the race shyt a break, if one person said it, quit calling out the whole race of people to blame..you sound idiotic saying it

strunz2318

Of course because there could not possibly be any other reason.

April

I agree with a lot of you and some of you say the whites don't get judged by there skin color is false my son was on the bus and got told by a black kid that they hate him cause he is white and called him a hockey cracker I have family that are black and Mexican and don't teach them to judge ppl by there color my son is a shy white kid and got sucker punched cause he is white and my husband bust his ass every day and had more experience and started at 10 bucks an hour now 15 years later makes 24 dollars an hour and a black man that just started the job got 24 dollars an hour a truck and everything because my husband is white he had to start at 10 an hour and he was upset that this man who sits in his truck all day texting won't work an knows they can't fire him cause he's is black and my husband is busting his ass to the point he can't move and we never use the race card js

Big Oz

Must have been rough for you in the cotton fields....Oh yea...you weren't there! Poor rich millionaire!

Sapphiegirl

Oh yeah that's it.....your loss surely has NOTHING to do with the written laws!

animus purgare

I really bothers me that our nation has all this hatred against "black people", as if they are not Americans like all Americans are. Is it because we have a American president with tan skin? furthermore what really upsets me is this love we have for every other race other than our Presidents' race. So I guess that makes us caucasian people better right? We really need to embrace the love that our country has given all cultures, and start ALL AMERICANS!!! People or African descent have never bombed us, never stolen anything from us, so what Is the BIG FEAR all about. I won't mention any other culture, but if we continue to focus on people that look like our President and not open our eyes, it wont be Americans of African descent we as americans will have to worry about.

minorityreport

The majority of the people stating black people are always pulling the racist card and have a problem with it are the racist. Until you have walked a day in a black persons or any minorities shoes shut the h#$ll up. I am so tired of the bull@$. Black people are hated because the White man invaded their country. With hatred comes disappointment. One of you loved ones is bound to bring a black man or women home. That's were your hatred is going to lead. God don't like ugly.

chicagoannie

i'd love to be a judge and rule against .50 Can't stand that guy.

animus purgare

I think we as Americans should all address "Americans" as Americans. All this black and white discrimination should stop!! Im very disgraced to hear people being racists against our Presidents race. If this entertainer feels discrimation, then its within his rights. Its amazing who and what we tolerate in this country. Dont you think weve done enough to people of African descent? Now we continue to want to control certain cultures as if they shouldnt have the rights that we have. WE ARE ALL AMERICANS PEOPLE!! Grow up!!

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9