Dick Van Dyke 911

He's Still in the Car ...

Oblivious to Fire

8/20/2013 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

082013_van_dyke_911_launch
TMZ has just obtained the 911 tape reporting that Dick Van Dyke was sitting in a car that was engulfed in flames, as one caller said, "I don't think he's aware it's on fire."

Several witnesses placed calls, saying the situation was dire.  Dick was not moving out of the Jaguar.

One funny thing ... no one seems to know what a Jag looks like.  It was misidentified as a BMW and a Mustang.

TMZ broke the story ... a good Samaritan stopped and pulled the actor out of the vehicle, just before it exploded in flames.

081913_van_dyke_explosion_launch

Azi

If he had been driving his motorized bar stool, things would have been different.

Elizabeth Alan

What is he doing, still driving at that age?. It was hard for my grandmother to give up driving at that age too, but after the third accident she had no choice, mom took her keys away.

Supertoots

Why didnt his car have a chim-chimney for the fire?

TheMachine1

I would like a bag of whatever drugs he was on.

Dead account Delete at will

D**K said he was on the phone so he probably pulled over to talk on the phone. Think he said DMV and he just picked the car up from the shop. Got a lil smoke inhalation got woozy and was lucky someone stopped to help him.
I love how the guy who saved him passed him, looped around and came down a hill and still no one stopped to help.
No reflection to the guy who helped him. I think we all thank him. but to the rest.
Whats wrong with people these days???
Let a man sit in a buring car and drive by.
But yet cry about people bullying people.

BTW love the peter fondaish looking picture of D**K

Gretel

Someone must have caught him on a cell cam right afterward because I saw him answering questions. I guess he was in his wife's car. He seemed lucid enough but I think it's kind of concerning that an 87 year old guy is tooling down a highway with no clue his car is on fire. Maybe he shouldn't be driving. Just a thought.

RachelCampos79

Wonder why police wasn't called?

DeeMaree

Dick so glad your alright. Hey man you have the bucks right? Time for a driver guy and check out that car shop. They missed something big on the Jag.

Openfly

Why did it take so (insert expletive here) for somebody to ...oh I forgot;this is California.

R

Bong fire or engine fire? You decide.

Jill

Why was he driving his wife's car,and why did it go up in flames,I hope they go through the car to figure out why it caught on fire,just being a realist,his wife is 37 years younger then him,I hope this wasn't planned.

jb

Dick is a great guy, I am glad he is ok.

Mr. C

Rosemarie strikes again!

NnoTime

What is a class act like dick can dyke doing on this cheap for comments website- you ask what I am doing - setting things straight!

SoWhat

Old farts like that have no business driving anymore. As much as everyone wants to remain independent there's a definite point that you just aren't able to do it and the keys must be taken away. That's not the same age for everyone but like for this his license and keys need to be taken away, it's time, you can't drive yourself anymore cause you just don't have the ability to do it safely anymore whether you like it or not.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments