Justin Timberlake

I APPROVE

Of Miley's MTV Twerkfest

8/27/2013 2:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

082713_justin_timberlake_launch
Justin Timberlake has given his official STAMP OF APPROVAL to Miley Cyrus and her crotch-thrusting, bear-grinding twerkfest at the MTV VMAs ... saying, "It's not like she did it at the Grammys."

Justin appeared on 102.7 in NYC this morning and told Jim Douglas -- "I like Miley ... I like Miley a lot."

"I think she's young. She's letting everybody know she's growing up."

JT also talks about his favorite part of the routine -- and it wasn't the twerking ... or even the drugged-out teddy bears.  In fact, it wasn't even on the stage.

havucnmyzombie

Seriously, people?! It is not Miley Cyrus' responsibility to teach our kids life lessons nor does she ask to be a role model for any of them. She is an ENTERTAINER! This is what she does, and you are doing exactly what she wants you to do! No such thing as bad press in this industry, especially when it is due to something being deemed as "vulgar". Yes, I am a mother of 2 beautiful daughters -12 and 4. My 12 year old daughter watched this and she knows that it is just a PERFORMANCE. She even laughed about it and said it was gross! I have enough faith in my daughter, and she has enough self respect and intelligence to understand that she does not have to model herself after an entertainer's alter-ego. Why? Because her PARENTS teach her the difference between reality and performance. If you don't want kids to watch Miley Cyrus, (and no, I am not a fan, I just think censorship is BS) then STOP TALKING ABOUT IT and START talking WITH your kids!!

havucnmyzombie

Seriously,PEOPLE!?! It is not Miley Cyrus' responsibility to teach our kids life lessons nor does she ask to be a role model for any of them. She is an ENTERTAINER! This is what she does, and you are doing exactly what she wants you to do! No such thing as bad press in this industry, especially when it is due to something being deemed as "vulgar". Yes, I am a mother of 2 beautiful daughters -12 and 4. My 12 year old daughter watched this and she knows that it is just a PERFORMANCE. She even laughed about it and said it was gross! I have enough faith in my daughter, and she has enough self respect and intelligence to understand that she does not have to model herself after an entertainer's alter-ego. Why? Because her PARENTS teach her the difference between reality and performance. If you don't want kids to watch Miley Cyrus, (and no, I am not a fan, I just think censorship is BS) then STOP TALKING ABOUT IT and START talking WITH your kids!!

tracey254

My favorite part was when she left the stage! Stupid girl, ok we get it, you're supposed to be growing up but there sure are better ways to do it than that. Act like an adult please

KicksandGiggles

It takes character, guts, and a special level of maturity for an entertainer to stand up and say right is right and wrong is wrong especially with a peer. I thought JT had it but I was wrong. I hope Miley understands her fan base. She is too raunchy now for the tweens, parents not paying $$ for their teens to see her, & too musically immature for the adults. So WTF is her fan base??

Just My Opinion

Well, I am not surprise. The more trashy a woman can be, the more these men approve of it, and will take up for them. Timberlake, it doesn't matter where she did it at, dude. MTV or the Grammys.
That was too nasty and young kids watch MTV too, and people wonder why we have kids that act just like this. They think it is ok, and nothing wrong with it...EVERYONE DOES IT ATTITUDE.
What ever happen to good roll models, with good values and morals for young kids to look up too. We have young kids wanting to dress way too sexy for their age, which is bad because it draws the wrong people's attention, and sends out the wrong message, then people wonders why they can't even go for a run in the park without some guy wanting to jump their bones.

david

**** you J T your an idiot after all....ya bum...

kim

Says the guy that exposed Janet Jackson's nipple and made a "music" video full of topless women. Idiot, why don't you exploit your wife's body for the world to see next?

yourwelcome

Parents, you have to be responsible for teaching your kids right from wrong! Don't leave it to celebrities!!! Why get on here and preach about something your children shouldn't of have been watching in the first place, care so much and n want to protect your children then supervise what they are watching!!!! She's a grown woman not a Disney star anymore, it wasn't any worse then Madonna's VMA performance back in the day when she humped a bed was so provocative she went to jail.

hotpad

Disney puppet supporting another Disney puppet. Who would have thunkit?

nan

I dont mind Justin , but he was the guy that threw janet Jackson under the bus for the wardrobe ,malfunction, so he knows alot about pushing the envelope for attn also.
Too bad when he received his Michael Jackson Vantage Award, he didnt mention , MJ, who was an inspiration to him ...
Miley Cyrus is thrilled for the attn , but she still reminds me of Justin Bieber.

HumanNature

NEVER LIKE HIM AFTER THAT JANET JACKSON BREAST INCIDENT!!!!

2FACE DOG

el polacko

when the heck did everybody become such a prude ?? miley didn't invent 'twerking'...in fact, it's a dance style that has been popular in the carribean for decades. the girl was just havin' fun...and turning in the most talked-about performance of the evening.

lafreak

That wasn't approval, that was a polite smug.

double d

Agreed jt. She was just having fun.

Joan Smith

Good for you Justin.. showing you have no class. Miley is a who%* that needs to go peddle her goods on the blvd if she wants that kind of attention. If I were here parent I'd reel her in and tell her to clean her act up. She is ridiculous.