Wes Scantlin

Hummer Loses Wheel

In Bizarre Hit-and-Run

8/28/2013 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0827-wes-scantlin-tmz-hummerWes Scantlin's Hummer was found abandoned after apparently slamming into a parked car in the Hollywood Hills this week ... but even though cops classified the accident as a hit-and-run, Wes is NOT considered a suspect.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, since it's just a misdemeanor hit-and-run with relatively minor damage -- and nobody witnessed the crash -- the Puddle of Mudd singer can't be considered a suspect ... at least not yet.

We're told cops received a call about the hit-and-run soon after it happened Monday, and when they arrived on scene they discovered Wes' black Hummer damaged and missing its front wheel ... as well as the parked car it had apparently sideswiped.

It's unclear if Wes was behind the wheel at the time of the accident, but whoever was driving the Hummer took off. Cops only discovered the vehicle was registered to the singer after running the license plate.

Cops followed up at Wes' residence -- on the same street as the accident -- to inquire about what happened, but the singer wasn't home. The Hummer has since been impounded ... and the singer will have some serious explaining to do whenever he decides to pick it up.

Scantlin's attorney tells TMZ ... "For as long as I've known Wes, his normal routine has been taking public transportation, taxi cabs or getting a ride from someone. He never drives. I would be very surprised if he was involved."

0827-wes-scantlin-tmz-sub

TT

What a PoS Hummer. Not durable at all.

Ashley

this attention whore thug staged this whole thing.....
talk about desperation....!

KOKOPELLeigh

If I were driving wasted and I hit a car (in my own neighborhood), I'd run too. Back to my home and not open the door either. His only mistake was not reporting the vehicle stolen the second he caused the hit and run.

Vince

Maybe this is why he does not drive. He is bad at it.

Whocares

Who the hell still drives a Hummer? LOL

Shannon

If it were my car I would be in jail with 100K bail.

Azi

Good news for Hummer owners. Now that Hummers are made in China, it is just a matter of time when you will be able to get replacement parts at Harbor Freight Tools.

好运

Joao

{Californinan Celebrity Cops} law enforcement {ha, ha, ha} sources tell TMZ, since it's just a misdemeanor hit-and-run with relatively minor damage -- and nobody witnessed the crash -- the Puddle of Mudd singer can't be considered a suspect

E

Oh, really? Then what does he own a hummer for?

Scary

If he never drives, then why does he own a Hummer? Just to look at it, since it's such a beautiful vehicle? Ha.

BJPenndotcom

I seen wes pretty often with his son at Ralph's. Every time I see him he is driving a hummer and that's back 8 years now.

Weedy1dad

Jerry mom said she needs her computer back and take your meds

Wastemanagement

This story makes no sense, givin it's in the state of California? I guess you commenters are right special treatment to the stars! He obvisiouly drove drunk and hightailed it out of there. The true stories of cops finding people well after running, the cops find the people usually near by and amazingly arrest them on DUI charges!

Xianne

Hummer are weak and lame

Chad

Well since it was MY car that was hit let me just fill in a few blanks in this story. First..there was nothing "minor" about the damage to my car. Second...the fact that he drove by coming UP the hill in another car and saw it pretty much clears him of being the driver however it shouldn't clear him of the responsibility..it's HIS car! Just because he's a celebrity doesn't give him a right to just NOT deal with the fact that he ****ed up my car. Whoever was driving bailed and obviously wasn't concerned about anything else but leaving. What if I or anyone else was in my car and was hurt? If he wasn't the driver then as the owner of the vehicle it would seem HE should the first one to reach out to me and figure something out..at the very least ask if I was okay! As of right now I haven't heard one word from Wes Scantlin or anyone else who represents him. I don't care if he drives or not he owns the car & the responsibility is his. Meanwhile my car is ****ed up and all I did was go to work. I wonder how this would have played out if my car was the one that ran into his and was just abandoned. The cops probably would have come and yanked me out of my house and I'd sitting in jail right now. What a dick.