'Big Brother' Aaryn

Evicted

I'm Not Racist, I'm Just Texan

8/30/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

083013_big_brother_aaryn_launch
Aaryn Gries
was evicted from the "Big Brother" house Thursday night ... and on her way out, she told Julie Chen she's not really a racist, she's just a misunderstood Texan.

Seriously ... Gries -- who mocked Asians, trashed black people and referred to a gay houseguest as a "queer" during her stint on the reality competition show -- had the cojones to look Chen in the face and say, "I did not mean to ever come off as racist."

Here's her ridiculous explanation:

"In Texas, we say things. Sometimes we joke and we don't mean it. I feel how bad it is being seen and how I've come across to people. I don't want to seem like that person."

Aaryn -- who told Julie she doesn't remember ever making a racist comment in the house -- added, "I apologize to anyone I offended for that. That was not meant to be serious and if I said those things, I feel horrible for that. I regret that."

Julie -- being the badass that she is -- didn't let Aaryn off the hook and READ some of the offensive comments right to Aaryn's face as Aaryn sat there like a racist, homophobic deer in headlights.

FYI -- Aaryn still has no idea she's been dropped by her modeling agency over her behavior in the house ... because she's made it to the "jury house" and will remain sequestered from the outside world until the show ends in September.

083013_julie_chen_launch

txman74

Can't wait for her to get back to Texas so we can show her how we feel about her attitude and comments. SMH

JUstin

Annnnnd Reality hits in 1, 2, 3 .... ...

Straight Talkin Texan

As a straight-talkin Texan (ahem), I have to say that this idiot GIRL is an embarrassment to Texans and does NOT speak for all Texans. And she doesn't speak LIKE Texans either, at least in my experience of being born and raised here and still living here. She's disgusting and offensive.

I really could NOT believe she lumped Texans (implying ALL Texans) in the same stinky pile with her. She is gonna hear from LOTS of Texans who don't appreciate her throwing others under the bus as part of a lame excuse for her unacceptable words/behavior. lololol I'm sorry I won't get to hear what she's gonna hear. That is, unless I cross paths with her sorry a$$, and then I'm gonna have fun!

JUstin

I don't know - The way she spoke feels like she was coached or given the heads up ..And why You gotta drag southerners into this .. Just own your ignorance , damn it ..

K

My last comment on the subject, people need to toughen up. Her comments are protected under GREE SPEECH. shouldn't have been fired. She probably isn't a racist, she probably was angry and is guilty of throwing some low blows while arguing. Theres a difference between heat of the moment anger and true HATE for someone with a different skin color.

Think about it.

Yurra Knutz

Texas did it!... It's all Texas fault!... DAGNABBIT!!

demoncat

and aaryne just proves how stupid she is not only denying she said the things she said then when julia read them back she goes oh i did not mean it its a texas thing. poor texas being used as an escape goat for aaryns mouth. cant believe she finaly got sent packing

JUstin

I see all her fellow Racist Fans are out tonight - Just Pressing the hate buttons to every negative comments about her ..lmao - You can't press enough HATE buttons to save this girl , We see you dumbarses ..lol

Brian

Aaryn should watch out who she calls a queer. As they say about Texas, you're either a steer or a ...

LostFan

Aaryn is a racist and homophobic air head. I was so happy she is gone. I hope racist and evil Amanda with how she treated Elissa is next.

lili

I cannot believe she had the audacity to say that about Texas. What a freaking disgrace

kitty

how nice to be the woman bedded by the owner of the network to point out racism of the highest rated show during the low point of ratings...You had a chance to make a difference, but you are holding every one down. STFU!

Gertrude

Not to mention Aaryn drank nail polish remover on the show....she must be one smart girl LOL

lynnyyy

😂😭😪lmao they're gonna throw her ass outta Texas for saying they all do that😂😭😅

Terry Woods

This is gonna sound bad but I kinda feel sorry for her. In no way does that make what she said OK but I said racist comments before I'm not proud of it but I've said mean things before. I just hope she changes her ways and doesn't kill herself.