'Big Brother' Aaryn

Evicted

I'm Not Racist, I'm Just Texan

8/30/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

083013_big_brother_aaryn_launch
Aaryn Gries
was evicted from the "Big Brother" house Thursday night ... and on her way out, she told Julie Chen she's not really a racist, she's just a misunderstood Texan.

Seriously ... Gries -- who mocked Asians, trashed black people and referred to a gay houseguest as a "queer" during her stint on the reality competition show -- had the cojones to look Chen in the face and say, "I did not mean to ever come off as racist."

Here's her ridiculous explanation:

"In Texas, we say things. Sometimes we joke and we don't mean it. I feel how bad it is being seen and how I've come across to people. I don't want to seem like that person."

Aaryn -- who told Julie she doesn't remember ever making a racist comment in the house -- added, "I apologize to anyone I offended for that. That was not meant to be serious and if I said those things, I feel horrible for that. I regret that."

Julie -- being the badass that she is -- didn't let Aaryn off the hook and READ some of the offensive comments right to Aaryn's face as Aaryn sat there like a racist, homophobic deer in headlights.

FYI -- Aaryn still has no idea she's been dropped by her modeling agency over her behavior in the house ... because she's made it to the "jury house" and will remain sequestered from the outside world until the show ends in September.

083013_julie_chen_launch

T.D. Hen

I'm from Texas and I agree she is a typical WHITE TEXAN!!! They even want to change the word 'slave' in history textbooks to 'unpaid interns'!! She IS typical!!! Such an embarrassment to say this is MY STATE!! She's a bigot and it's NO JOKE!

rancid candy

JULIE CHEN IS A "BULLY"

darkhorse91

Wow. She really is stupid. Hope she doesn't breed.

FUT THE SHUCK UP

This chick is incredibly beautiful, LOVE HER!

K

Its only white people who get called racist. Ever

Bkshorti

Wow shes racist and ignorant. But wait its texas fault cause they made her that way lmaol. Wat is the texans that r not racist and ignorant to do, she jus ruined their lives.

Swimmergal

Thank you tmz for the spoiler. Love seeing results before I watch a show.

Scary

Just like anywhere else, most Texans are great, and then there are a few bad seeds that give everyone else a bad name. She should enjoy her "fame," because no one really cares about her, as celebrity goes.

Caution

This P.O.S. wh()re finally got her comeuppance. I hope that she gets all of her "holes" violated by a gang of hairy muslims...all at the same damn time! Now I'd buy that for a dollar!!!!!!!!

meltz911

So all Texams are retarded racists? I find that hard to believe, rot in hell idiot.

Jimmie

Aaryn u were the reason I was watching the show sorry they voted u out there loss

MissPistelaro

I think it a big slice of humble pie to be called out on national television by Julie Chen for racist comments towards Asians, along with all the other ignorant comments she has made. I would hope that BB pays for a therapist in the jury house. Aaryn is going to need one, and perhaps they should hide the knives as well. With the media attention and internet scrutiny, this girl has a hard road ahead of her. If I had not seen or heard her racist comments on the show, she probably would have been one of my favorite contenders this season considering the slim pick-ins of house guests this season (Judd excluded) . Lets hope she can learn from this and it does not end badly for her. I see a Paula Dean and Aaryn skit on SNL in the near future.

BB not bb

Imagine that, some people might be racist. That is not the same things as persecuting another race, it is called having an attitude and an opinion. This girl has a personality, and that is being called into question. She said she didn't mean it in a bad way and meant it as a joke. If people want to persecute her for it anyway, they must hate her for something else. They must be jealous.

Julie Chen tries to make some moral parable out of the whole mess. All it really is is locking people in a house till they crack and then picking them apart for not living up to a standard. That is one of the dumbest shows I have ever almost seen. That show marks the point where you figure TV is just a waste of time.

is it the end of the world to say that someone makes rice? I have nothing against rice. I eat rice. This is really stupid.

opti24

Wow! Way to go TMZ! Post this before the show even airs! Am I going to have to stay off of your site now so I don't have to worry about having the show ruined for me?! UGH

BB not bb

Wow when I want a good rice dish, I go looking for an Asian restaurant. is that racist? I like their rice. So what? I would like them to go make me some rice. That is why I go in their restaurants. I go in and tell them to make whatever rice I want.

Is it an oppression of the Asians that they have to go and make some rice? Do they really hate it? They seem happy enough when I go order it. I think there is a reason why they sell rice and not tortillas also.