'Big Brother' Aaryn

Evicted

I'm Not Racist, I'm Just Texan

8/30/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

083013_big_brother_aaryn_launch
Aaryn Gries
was evicted from the "Big Brother" house Thursday night ... and on her way out, she told Julie Chen she's not really a racist, she's just a misunderstood Texan.

Seriously ... Gries -- who mocked Asians, trashed black people and referred to a gay houseguest as a "queer" during her stint on the reality competition show -- had the cojones to look Chen in the face and say, "I did not mean to ever come off as racist."

Here's her ridiculous explanation:

"In Texas, we say things. Sometimes we joke and we don't mean it. I feel how bad it is being seen and how I've come across to people. I don't want to seem like that person."

Aaryn -- who told Julie she doesn't remember ever making a racist comment in the house -- added, "I apologize to anyone I offended for that. That was not meant to be serious and if I said those things, I feel horrible for that. I regret that."

Julie -- being the badass that she is -- didn't let Aaryn off the hook and READ some of the offensive comments right to Aaryn's face as Aaryn sat there like a racist, homophobic deer in headlights.

FYI -- Aaryn still has no idea she's been dropped by her modeling agency over her behavior in the house ... because she's made it to the "jury house" and will remain sequestered from the outside world until the show ends in September.

083013_julie_chen_launch

Aimsterdame

The night before Aaryn left, she and Amanda agreed they both hated Asians and when on with a few reasons why. Julie Chen should have asked her specifically about that or asked Aaryn if she could make her some fried rice. Julie did not read that girl enough. At least the audience booed Aaryn when she walked out.

robin nesteruk

Hey! Just in Time For A Sit Down dinner With Paula Deen!

TT

What a moron, I lived in Texas for a few years. Most of the people I met were friendly and not racist like this bitch. Maybe she was adopted.

BB not bb

When you see and understand real racism and compare it to some cracks this girl made, it is not the same thing at all. It belittles people who have really suffered at the hands of racism. There are people who have systematically tried to wipe them off the face of the earth while denying it to the world, there are people who have tortured and kept them as animals to work for them until they drop dead, etc.

People in their little prissy padded shells don't have any concept of what racism is. They just throw everyone in the same boat whether they deserve it or not. I don't see how torturing this girl for making comments in what is in essence her own home, going to make the world a better place.

I think people are just jealous of her and enjoy seeing her lost and confused over why they hate her. I know how jealous people are. They get on a kick and don't give it up no matter what you do. They don't care that she was almost in tears apologizing. I guess they want her to be on the verge of a mental breakdown like Paula Deen. Even that wasn't enough for these bloodsuckers.

Shashi

I want to see her family or agency tell her she's been dropped!!

Yurra Knutz

She's not racist... But her mouth might be.

punkin38

My family is from Texas and in no way shape form or fashion are they anything like this piece of cow ****

Ratings Needed

How could this have ruined this episode Amanda & her goofy boyfriend weren't on the block, therefore, they wouldn't be the ones going home. It was either Aaryn or Andy as they were on the block. Next week will tell as GM is HOH.

Rob

I was loving every single squirm and drop of sweat coming down Aaryn's brow. I bet she wants to go home, wouldnt surprise me at all if she never makes it to jury! The "I'm a Texan" comment... about made me fall out of my seat !

Rob

TMZ is sad as ****. How can you call someone racist or homophobic just because they used a word? That's like saying anyone who has ever said "I'm gonna kill you!" is a murderer.

BB not bb

Racist people are like the new N words. There is no turning back either. Once you are outed, you are marked for life. You can never be a functioning member of society again. You are treated like a criminal and an outcast. It is usually people who are not even racist but just trying to straddle the line who are taken to task.

Real racism is just tolerated and even supported. Then there are the people who check with the morning news to see what they can and can't say. This is a twisted up judgmental society. Everyone is holier than thou while they support the biggest criminals ever known to man.

She is looking Julie Chen right in the eye saying she isn't racist. Meanwhile Julie is like well did you learn your lesson playing the game? Julie seems to be trying to make herself look more white anyway.

kimkardashisatrainwreck

She will begin having fun soon! Oh I can't wait!

kenblazed

Kudos to Julie Moonves.. from side piece to wife.. got 2 shows..

Rob

WOW almost 14,800 sigs to try to get Amanda off the show!

TMZfan

She said she doesn't remember saying those things and its probably the truth. They were said over a month ago. Trust me, you do not remember stuff you said over 70 days ago! I don't condone what she did what so ever, but I understand the explanation of "I don't remember"