'Fifty Shades of Grey'

'Sons' Star Charlie Hunnam

Ready for Some S&M

9/2/2013 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0902_charlie_dakota_01

After months of middle-aged women speculating and debating who should bring "Fifty Shades of Grey" and its hard core sex scenes to life, we finally have the answer: Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson.

Author E.L. James tweeted the news Monday -- the bondage/sex freak role of Christian Grey went to 33-year-old Hunnam -- best known for his role on "Sons of Anarchy".

0902_el_james_tweet

23-year-old Dakota -- daughter of Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson -- will play Anastasia Steele, the college girl turned willing sex slave in the novel. Best known from Fox's cancelled comedy "Ben & Kate."

Ian Somerhalder, Colin Egglesfield, and Matt Bomer were at one time rumored frontrunners. Sorry guys.

Little advice for Charlie and Dakota: start stretching. Maybe invest in some ice packs.

0902_charlie_hunnam_footer

Laura

Oh my gosh! Best casting ever! You all need to watch some of his stuff! He is awesome!

People Annoy Me

For those people are whining about the cast choices, were you really planning to go see this movie and be impressed/actually pay attention to it?

t

Love Charlie and his acting, but dont see him at all as Christian Grey...after reading the trilogy my choice was definitely Ian Somerhalder...he just fits the bill so perfectly, looks and charisma to be Christian...poor choice EL James...sorry Charlie, but Ill still see the movie..

Mali

Its coming out on my moms birthday next year. We cant go see this movie together.

Rachel

Booooo! while dakota is okay not who i pictured for a.s. and charlie oh HELL NO! looks to old and definately not hot enough to be c.g.

Asiaaa

PureRadiance

After having read the series , Charlie Hunnam is not sleek enough nor sexy enough to fill Christian greys sadistic shoes!

Tweeder

This movie proves women are all hos

Kay

OMG.. I guess I will wait for the DVD cause there is nothing appealing about this Christen Grey..

gayle

No idea how DISAPPOINTED I AM with each of these choices!!!!!!!!!!! Really makes me just want to read the books and make the movie in my head with my own chosen actors and NEVER see the movie!!!!!!!!!

HORRIBLE CHOICES!!!!!!!!! THE WORST!!!

susan

she's not even pretty

Kristinajp

If movie execs were smart they would do online polls before casting and pick from the top 3 or 4. This guy isnt all that for such a strong character.

Yada yada ya

Can't even imagine this being made into a movie! Boring!!!!!

What???

Dakota is gorgeous. She got the looks of both her parents and her lovely grandmother Tippi Hedren. The genepool lotto!

Pam

I've not read the book and don't plan on it. It's so awful I didn't even finish the sample I downloaded.. But he's hot and you'd know that if you watched sons of anarchy.