Dave Chappelle

Hartford Crowd Was Evil, White

I Wanted to Pull a 'Reverse Kramer'

9/4/2013 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0904_dave_chappelle_article_tmzDave Chappelle is lashing out about the people who heckled him in Hartford, CT last week ... calling the crowd a bunch of "young, white alcoholics" and saying he wanted to pull a "reverse Kramer."

Chappelle took the stage at a show in Chicago last night ... and immediately went off on Hartford -- where he engaged in a nasty stand-off with the crowd after several loudmouthed fans heckled him during his set.

"I don't want anything bad to happen to the United States," Chappelle said ... "but if North Korea ever drops a nuclear bomb on this country, I swear to God I hope it lands in Hartford, Connecticut."

Chappelle then called the crowd "evil" ... and described them as a bunch of "young, white alcoholics."

"I wanted to pull a reverse Kramer and call them all crackers or something crazy like that."

Chappelle was obviously referring to the TMZ footage of Michael Richards during his insane N-bomb tirade at the Laugh Factory back in 2006.

090413_michael_richards_launch
In the end, Dave says the crowd in Hartford was lucky to see him "freak out" that night -- explaining, "That s**t's like being at a f**king tiger show the night Sigfried and Roy got their throats bit out by the tiger ... you don't go to see somebody be safe."

0905_dave_chappelle_through_footer

Brittney Bernardi

I don't care what race a person is; if that person decides to insult another person based on the color of their skin, that's racism. It's disrespectful, rude, and just wrong. I do think it was rude of the crowd to heckle him; anyone who has the courage to go up on stage and make jokes deserves to be treated respectfully. However, Chappelle's comments are completely uncalled for. I don't think it was necessary for him to mention the color of their skin. Why couldn't he just say they were "young, alcoholics?" Why did the fact that they were white even matter? I find Chappelle very funny, but I gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed in him for these comments. I expected better.

broncosgodess

And that's not a Bit Racist?

cmn

When is some white person going to cry bloody murder about this "cracker" comment. He needs to be publicly shamed and lose everything just like masses do whenever a slur towads black people is made by a white person. This is BS

Sapphiegirl

I USED TO THINK DAVE CHAPPELLE WAS SUPER FUNNY.....NOW I JUST THINK HE'S A RACIST. ALL THOSE "WHITE" PEOPLE PAID TO SEE YOU PERFORM!

Josue80

First of all Dave **** u mother****a How about Korea drop that bomb on your house u bitch ass Ngga,,,,and i can use the term Ngga cuz im from the hood and it refers to us like peoples,,ma boys,,ma friends,,, ma ngga,,,,and i have family cousints and aunts that are black,,, white,,,,,and even family from Texas and i am Puerto Rican..... So **** u Dave Chappelle,,, if i was to be in Hartford that nght i wouldve punched u in the face just for saying drop the bomb on hartford,,,, Bitch im from Hartford.....

dee

Lol he's a Comedian and making jokes. Lighten up people

PureRadiance

Oh flizzum flazzum flippidy flop give me a chocolate puddin' pop-

hi haters

no bueno

hi haters

The minute a white person says something about black people there is a sh*tstorm...... If a black person does it, it's just laughed away or eyes rolled at it.... I am really dissappointed, as a long time FORMER fan of Dave Chapelle. Sorry, but it's not getting just blown off. I expect you won't be seeing a lot of white ticket sales in the future.

Rfab2

I was there...90percent of the crowd was in their 30-40's ...the crowd was mixed ...as a Hispanic person I saw lots of my people there

Flash

Good Lord he's full of hate and venom. And because I'm white, I'm not allowed to criticize his fecal character without being called a racist. Niiiice. Well, Chapelle, you're an effing racist, and not very bright spreading your tirade from one venue to another. As far as I'm concerned, you're trash, and need to get a good ass kicking. Now sit up straight, and behave, moron.

Bear King of the Dead Thread Heads (and he means it)

I hope it lands in your back yard.....you're not that funny, Dave.

woodin

Dave is pulling an Amanda Bynes behavior, nuttier than a fruit cake....

Diane3667

STFU u no talent racist mo fo. You are not funny. never were funny and I cant phathom why anyone would waste a dime on you

MaryRowland

I was there. He couldnt command the crowd. What a cop out! There were people cheering for him and people telling others to shut up. The crowd encouraged him. He stalled to come out in the first place. That right there tells me he had a personal issue. The man disappeared for that long for a reason and its not Hartford ct. He seemed not right that night from the beginning. He also did something similar in Texas. It was a huge disapointment and what a coward blaming people that liked him enough to see him perform.