« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Swimmer Diana Nyad

The Obamas Are

MY HOMIES NOW!

9/6/2013 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

090613_niana_nyad_launchAmerican swimming legend Diana Nyad finally returned home to L.A. last night after her historic Cuba to Florida swim ... and told TMZ she got some new "homies" after the feat ... Barack and Michelle Obama.

The 64-year-old ultra-athlete received a hero's welcome when she arrived at LAX (balloons, kazoos, posters)  ... and of course, we needed to know one thing -- how much did she pee out there??

Nyad's answer --well, let's just say she may have raised the water table in the Atlantic.

Diana also told us about how she stayed safe from possible shark attacks. Interesting stuff.

Bottom line -- Diana's a friggin' STUD.

Congrats!!!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

royalredus

What a cool lady, and what a great interview! I know I criticize some of your camera guys for asking dumb questions, but I have to give you credit for this one, I really enjoyed it! :-)

Vote2012

Since she is not a card carrying member of the Muslim Brotherhood she will ever get a phone call or invite to the White House by the Obamas.

Don

Barrack Obama will go down as one of the greatest presidents of all time after all the racist conservatives disappear from the face of the earth from age.
We got Healthcare for all, Saved us from Global economic collapse, got Osama and Alqeda running, saved the auto industry, stem cell research.....all the right-wing hate machine has since they cannot find anything else are phony scandals like Beghazi, IRS and NSA. Losers.

Azi

HEY ORANGE HARVEY , THAT'S WHAT A REAL TAN LOOKS LIKE !

Mikey

Obviously her brain is waterlogged.

Just_A_Post

She needs a new hair dresser.

billy pootons

thought it was tanning mom in the photo

Chuck

Obama sucks as a president...Why is it that if you don't like Obama...you are called a racist. How juvenile.

TMZizCrazzzyYo

I thought that was a guy on the picture...

BrEtruthful

Don't feel bad.....I DID TOO! Color me surprised when I read the word "she".....wow! But. GO GIRL!

3Storms

Is that really a woman, or is that a liberal "born a dude but we'll call her a woman since he calls himself a woman" people? Also I doubt Obamas are her homies. You know.....black people and not being able to swim................

Mr Barcliff

WOW, amazing what she did, the bravery is wat stands out, then the endurance. Shes a strong human, not just a strong woman, and very brave.

Double Bubble

Most women her age are sitting home knitting blankets and scarves..She's swimming from Cuba to Florida.. That's fricken awesome!

jef

That guy's awesome

New Orleans

Love this story and the reporter but I wished he asked how she slept.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments