The Game

Funding 6-Year-Old's Funeral

After Tragic Shooting

9/10/2013 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0910-the-game-tmz-2

The Game
is giving $10,000 to the family of a 6-year-old girl who was shot and killed outside her family's home this weekend in order to help out with funeral costs ... TMZ has learned.

The story is heartbreaking -- 6-year-old Tiana Ricks was shot and killed when two men approached her family's home in Moreno Valley and opened fire, striking Tiana and her father.

As she lay dying, Tiana reportedly turned to her father and asked, "Are you okay, Daddy?"

The Game read about the tragedy and tweeted, "This very sad story hit me in a place nothing ever has ... Tiana did not know she was shot & kept asking was her father okay."

So Game decided he wanted to help -- tracking down Tiana's family and pledging $10k to cover funeral costs.

FYI -- Game recently announced he's on a mission to give away $1,000,000 of his own money to those in need -- he calls it TheRobinHoodProject -- and this is just one of his charitable contributions.

TMZ spoke with Tiana's mother Marquia Macklin who tells us, "Game told me that he heard about my story and was really sorry.  He said that he wanted to help out and put me in touch with his financial team."

We're told the money is being wired to Marquia today.  Tiana's funeral will be Saturday.

While Marquia says she's extremely grateful for Game's generosity, she tells us, "It costs so much to bury her ... sadly $10,000 only covers half of the casket and the plot.”

As for the shooting, cops are still on the hunt for the culprits -- and encourage anyone with information to contact the Moreno Valley Police Department.

0910_INTAGRAM_GIRL_THE_GAME_sub

aastin

There is no amount of money The Game can give to make up for the damage he caused by perpetuating the gang and drug lifestyle through his music, he made millions from it but this was a decision on his part in the right direction and he should be applauded.

Dom

Don't mean to state the bleeding obvious BUT...One doesn't get their home 'shot up' by thugs because there AWESOME folks... Just sayin. That said its a tragic loss of a young life.

dave

Very nice. But it seems that the mother is looking for more cash... #smh
I am so sadden that her precious soul was taken far too early. More than likely the shooter will also suffer.

Debangor

Class act from The Game to reach out to the family. I can't imagine why the family would complain about it only covering half the cost though. I imagine that should more than cover the cost of a decent funeral. If the child had died any other way, it is doubtful the parents would gave come up with more than that. How about showing appreciation for what you got?

Monique

It's a lot of yall criticism . But until you have stepped in the parents shoes. Shut the **** up. That's a great gesture the game did 4 a family he don't know. . The only person who can judge him is "god".

defyconvention

Mama was WAY out of line saying that. She could definitely have a decent funeral for $10,000 if she wasn't trying to make a spectacle out of it, and if she wasn't trying to milk the situation for more money. The Game did a good thing, I'm not a fan, but I applaud this act.

tucker

Beautiful little girl, and VERY generous of him to pay for the funeral. The family should say "thank you" and not look to profit from this tragedy. 10k is more than sufficient to lay this little girl to rest.

shawn

wow im so hurt over this imagine if this was your daughter, what a tuff little girl.. my heart goes out to her fam

chuck taylor

I see comments about game not helping out white people...HE HAS... Hispanic people...He has and most of all ''He raps about gangs and violence'' I'm sorry but i can't take those comments serious yeah game talks alot about gang culture because that's what he was brought up in the killings and shootings he was there in the slum of compton first hand. No different then country singers or a taylor swift song about the 30 guys that broke her heart you make music about what you know. Now that he is out of the slums he also talks positive messages that you can make it out of that if you try.

LadyTee 504

This is a very sad story and being from New Orleans, I can relate to the sadness. Since the mother did not know how to thank Game correctly, I'll do it for her, Thank You!
People ought to be grateful for whatever it is, that someone gives them from their heart, while as the story stated, this child was so concerned about her father, she didn't know she was shot and dying, talk about a lil angel. I know she is in heaven playing with the other angels (children that died before her). Though I think the mothers' response was out of order, still my sympathy goes out to her and the family. May God keep and guide you through these sad times and To Game, continued blessings for caring!

neeka

Damn :( beautiful little girl...

Amanda'sY

To Game: Thank You. To TMZ: I was crying reading this. To the mom: I'm sorry for your loss. A quick thanks would have been nice.

Dani

Hmmm, that sounds a little ungrateful, saying $10k only covers half. I'm trying to believe that she's under tremendous stress and isn't thinking or speaking clearly. But I don't think I'd have come out and made that comment after a total stranger gave me that much money. I'd say thank you and be done with it. I lost my brother tragically and it was awful but I didn't lose control of what I was saying. It didn't cost $20k to bury him either.

King of Coast