Paula Deen

SOBS at First Public Appearance

After Racist Scandal

9/14/2013 9:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0914_paula_deen_launch
Paula Deen was a big butterball of emotion today during her first public appearance since settling the racial discrimination lawsuit that destroyed her career ... and we've got the pics.

Paula appeared in Houston, Texas today for the Metro Cooking and Entertainment Show to mark her return ... and got choked up after receiving a standing ovation when she hit the stage.

The 66-year old chef told the crowd she had been wanting her return to take place in Texas all along ... and was just shedding tears of joy.

In case you've been living under a rock -- Deen was dropped by tons of sponsors after she admitted to using the n-word during the depo for the lawsuit earlier this year.

The crowd in Texas seems to have forgiven Paula -- so we gotta ask ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

MoraMore

either way, her career is damaged...FOR GOOD. **shakes head**

GothamGirl

Her career should have been over years ago, because her food kills people! But how stupid was she? Admitting to racial slurs, and not understanding the politically correct environment we live in?

shakedoggy

she is a great supporter of the blak community. blaks should b proud to have her in their corner. or wood they rather have lamar odom krak representing them?

josi

It was all bullcrap Paula. PURE BULLCRAP! I never considered you left. MY GOD, how insane the friggin world is anymore. Torturous crap over nothing. You'll move on and be better than before. NO WORRIES!

BaadBoy

Yeah, whatever ...fkn crybaby. Should've paid that bitch off when she first filed the suit cause all that crap was true.

Mike

I've watched Paula Deen for many years and have seen her treat all people with dignity and respect. We have all said things in anger that we later regret. Sometimes, using certain words is the easiest way to get to someone who has done you wrong. I think her partners over reacted. I hope to see her back on tv soon.

Dee

To the 16% (as of my vote), who haven't forgiven, are you totally without mistakes/misgivings?

etta

forgive her for what? She didn't do anything that needs to be forgiven.

Jeems

I don't get it. The black folks say the N word more than anybody and they don't lose their sponsers. Now that is racist! Stay strong Paula, stay strong gurl

some guy

I would have no reservations about letting Paula cater my Klan rally.

BigSamStewart

Forgive her for what? Saying a word EVERYONE has said?

misfit

Ooooooh Nooooooo, she said the N word, EVERYBODY says the N word.

LOLOL

This lady makes garbage food for fat, most likely racist southerns. We don't eat like that on the West Coast...OW

PeopleDoTheMost

I'm black and I think this was blown way out of proportion. I don't tolerate racism. If this would have happened to racists cows like Lush, O Riley and Hannity then I'll be up high singing the blues! I don't think Paula has any racism in her blood. She made a mistake long ago and I so believe people change. But why did the person sue her for racism was white? That's the part I don't get!

Phil

Whew, now at least she can get back to killing people with her food. U want sum 'mo buddeer wid that corpse, YAAAAAALLL!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments