Britney Spears

TITANIC Vegas Contract

But She Can't Touch Celine

9/16/2013 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0913_britney_spears_planet_hollywood
Britney Spears
will be raking in HUGE STACKS in Vegas this winter -- a ridiculous $310,000 per show ... nearly $15 million per year -- but she still doesn't hold a candle to Celine Dion.

TMZ is privy to the financial details of Britney's deal.  The 2-year contract calls for 48 shows a year at Planet Hollywood.   According to the contract, Britney will earn $310,000 per show.

By contrast, Celine does 70 shows a year.  Sources say she pulls in $476,000 a show ... so she's way ahead of Britney in the money department, but Brit gets more time off.

Britney's cut of the gate is huge -- projected sales per show are $508,514, meaning Brit will be snagging more than 60%.

As we reported, producers are shooting for a "cool, hip club-like show" ... unlike the run-of-the-mill Vegas shows that preceded it (Celine's included). It starts in December.

If that's not convincing, check out these cool 3D mock-ups of the stage.

0913_britney_stage_renderings

0717_britney_spears_performance_footer

Clytemnestra

If this venture turns out to actually be profitable for Planet Hollywood, I think it will be a genuine miracle!

YAYA

This dimwit can't and never could sing, how she became famous is a mystery to me. Just another example of the dumbing down of America. She is also mentally ill and shouldn't be any where near a stage, even lip syncing.

ketjo

And we are suppose to care because of ???????????????????
So What....! I pretty sure she is happy with the deal and beside the fact that
THAT THIS IS PRIVATE FINANCIAL INFORMATION THAT YOU AND YOUR SOURCES HAD ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS DIGGING INTO LET ALONE PUBLISHING ON YOUR GOSSIP SITE BUT FOR THE FACT THAT ONE OF YOU STILL HAS A HAIR UP HIS ASS ABOUT BRITNEY AND YOUR NUMBERS HAVE DROPPED ....

TPF

I wouldn't pay 25 cents to see that untalented tramp!

Just My Opinion

Celine can sing, and don't have to put on a sexy act for people to come see her. I was at a place with my son (years back) to hear another person sing, the guy behind me was talking to someone about Britney. I told him.. she can't sing. The guy said, that is not why I go see her for. WE HAVE A BINGO!!

Blondie

This is unbelievable. This phoney doesn't even sing! She's a fool to watch live, lip syncing and marching around, she doesn't even run her own twitter account! She's a freaking zombie, wtf!

KicksandGiggles

With all sincerity, WITF does either Celine or Brittany or ANYONE do on a stage to merit that kind of mega $? Fan or not, folks need to draw a line for how much they will pay to see anybody!!

DaChopssss

How much are people willing to pay to watch her walk around the stage, do some dips and gyrate her hips a bit? Because that about sums up her last two tour performances.

JB

Are there any Britney fans who can explain why you would spend money to watch someone lip-synch? I have yet to see a clip of her actually singing - EVER!!

Mumra the Ever Living

Actually, I can't imagine ANYONE wanting to touch Celine Dion.

ragu4u

Vegas is already bleeding $$$. This is a really stupid move on their part if the believe SHE will remain relevant for two entire years or 70 shows or whatever. She's a ticking, backwoods time bomb like Miley C. and will cost them big time in the long run.

mick

I wouldn't pay a penny to watch her badly lip sync to her songs that she can't even dance to anymore.

AM

That is a lot of money for lip synching and non-dancing. At least Celine can really belt it out.

Molly's Mom

I predict it will tank in less than a year. She can't draw a consistent crowd anymore. So there will be some at first but once the word gets out that its a disasterous lip sync'd up mess then they will buy out her contract. She will make money for nothing

Sunset Strip Dealer

For karaoke, anybody who pays money to see this crack-head or Beyoncé needs to be put away for life. Then again if idiots are willing to pay

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments