« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Floyd Mayweather

APOLOGIZES to Oscar

Addiction Should NOT Be Mocked

9/17/2013 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0917_floyd_oscar_01

Floyd Mayweather has issued a full apology for a photo on his Instagram page that mocked Oscar De La Hoya's struggle with substance abuse ... though Floyd insists he never approved the photo to go up.

Mayweather came under fire yesterday ... because after he beat up Canelo Alvarez (who's signed to Oscar's boxing promotion company), a pic was posted on his Instagram page showing a crying De La Hoya along with the caption, "Meanwhile Back In Rehab."

Another caption on the picture read, "Oscar: I gave Canelo the wrong blueprint I was high."

0916_dellahoya_meme

Now, Floyd's speaking out ... with another Instagram post ... which reads, "It's unfortunate that a stupid picture was posted to my Instagram account earlier today that was not posted by me or authorized by me to post."

He adds, "I completely support Oscar De La Hoya and his family during this difficult time in his life. I stand by him unconditionally and would never personally disrespect him or anyone else who struggles with addiction."

"I apologize to Oscar and his family for this posting. I wish him well and am rooting for him to win his fight too."

"I also apologize to all of my followers for this ridiculous post. I have no ill-will towards anyone."

0917_fight_mayweather_canelo_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lsap

It just seems like tom-foolery, nothing seriously malicious

train wreck

It was his lil buddy Beiber who was high on meth at the time.

LunarJunk

He apologized now move on.

NOT ELMO

Floyd Mayweather APOLOGIZES to Oscar........................HUMBLE PIE For Dessert AnyOne ?............LOL

Pudding Tang

I believe him. It's highly doubtful that he knows how to create a graphic meme.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Oh please. I don't care who complains, I will not have pity for drug addicts. They deserve ridicule.

Jackie

I don't have twitter or instagram ....so is it really that easy to break into these accounts and post stuff?...It all sounds like these celebs post things thinking they're being funny or smart...then when people are offended their people put out a statement saying "omg my twitter was hacked....it wasn't me who said that". ANYWAYS the pic was tacky and I hope Floyd really is sorry whether he posted it himself or not.

Turkishchubs

Why is everybody so quick to forgive Floyd? The whole concept of apologizing is to feel remorse and based on his behavior (present and past) he doesn't understand this concept.

Datdambam

U should have told. Dem dat Da same people dat hacked Gucci Mane's twitter page Did it......lol..

rick hartsock

I believe him. Check out 50 Cent's interview on Youtube regarding Mayweather and how he doesn't Tweet or Instagram, someone else does all that for him. 50 did this interview a long time ago.

Truth

HAHAHAHAHHAAHA, GAYWEATHER KNOWS HOW TO WRITE??? SRUSLY TMZ.... YALL KNOW A PR REP WROTE THAT SH*T. GAYWEATHER DIDNT EVEN PASS HS LET ALONE KNOW HOW TO USE GRAMMAR AND SPELL CHECK, POINT BLANK! #TRUTH!!

TACD News

Floyd is a punk, always has been.

kitnplayn

I don't believe you. I think you saw the TMZ count that showed that over 85% of voters think it was a despicable thing to post. If you didn't post it, as you claim, then say who did, because I don't think you would pass around your instagram password.

lil-twisted

True nature is true nature.

HRH Prince Michael

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

This is good for one free beat-down for Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Chumpster.
This is redeemable with His Royal Highness Prince Michael of The House of David