« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NBA Star James Harden

I'll ONLY Shave My Beard, If ...

9/19/2013 5:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

091813_james_harden_launch_v2Houston Rockets guard and famed beard enthusiast James Harden is VERY protective of his legendary facial hair -- but the NBA star tells TMZ he'd ONLY consider shaving his crumb catcher if it raises money for charity.

But not just ANY charity ... Harden says it "depends on which charity."

And EVEN IF he finds the right charity, Harden tells TMZ the razoring of the face fuzz would have to raise more than $80,000!!!

FYI -- Harden has been sporting a beard since 2008 ... and the last time we saw him without his scruff, it just didn't look right.

0918_james_harden_si_full_zoom

0822_sports_beards_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Clytemnestra

Nice spin he's using after being pressured to lose that mess.

Ozzie X

Urkel!!!

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

"Everybody look at ME. I need attention!" Eff this guy.

Marge

I'll shave my 'beard', but it will cost ~one ~million~dollars!!!

Celeb Gossip Addict

The 2008 pic is weird, but I think he has gotten better looking with age. I bet he'd look better without the beard now than he did then. But I don't hate the beard. It's part of his personality.

billybob

Is this idiot a soldier of the Black Liberation Army??

B_Lew

Brian Wilson talks publicly about his beard almost every day, no one says its a big deal. Someone ASKED Harden about his and now he's fishing for attention.. Join us in 2013 why don't you

NOT ELMO

James Harden
I'll ONLY Shave My Beard, If .............They Double His Monthly FoodStamps

KicksandGiggles

Who ever told him this looks remotely civil should be kicked in the hind parts. Beards are fine if they are maintained, conditioned, and trimmed. NOT like this hot mess or any of the other ones here. I guess simple grooming is too traumatic for their egos.

freeLG

\\,/

b.m.a.d.w.p

Its cool for Brian Wilson, but not James Harden what is wrong with these racist people I mean seriously get over it you will never get slaves again we can read and write now just like yall we own things just like yall why not just shut the hell up already its 2013 and all racist people now wouldn't have lasted back when it was a serious issue.... Think about the fact that a lot of you don't have the balls to say your dumb **** to our faces just saying

Straight Talkin Texan

He needs some kind of facial hair, but not that ugly mess that he's sporting!!!