'Big Brother' Star Aaryn Gries

I'm Working Out My Racist Demons

9/20/2013 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0920-Aaryn-Gries-cbs
"Big Brother" contestant Aaryn Gries is finally coming clean, admitting she talks like a racist ... but she insists it doesn't make her one.

Gries tells TMZ she's been making racial jokes for years  ... but had no idea they were offensive because "no one had expressed that I was taken that way."

Gries says she wishes someone had warned her before going into the BB house ...  that making these "jokes" on national TV would paint her as a big ol' racist.

"I am not a racist," she says, adding, "Sometimes you can say mindless things that will haunt you."

Aaryn also apologized for throwing Texas under the bus when Julie Chen asked if she was a racist during her exit interview from the house -- explaining, "Blaming Texas was the biggest mistake I made ... I was in defense mode."

Guess Aaryn forgot about the gay housemate she called a "queer" ... and all the Asian people she mocked ... and the African Americans ...

070813_big_brother_launh

lil-twisted

nice hair, rack is ok, face is alright, BUT THAT BRAIN!

Danielle

Aaryn is a racist and I doubt she has learned a thing, but GinaMarie was 10x worse than Aaryn. Why is Gina Marie not being called out?

TheTruthIs

Much ado about nothing.

Renee

I don't feel she is racist just young and ignorant. I think we need to see how she acts after the fact before we label her. We should guide others and educate them on issues. If you fight hate with hate it will just drive someone to be more hateful. I feel more appalled by peoples actions online calling names and even being more insensitive and racist then her comments. I just pray for all hate to go away.

puhleez

In an intellectual society, someone like her who makes stereotypical comments would just be laughed at and ignored, because comments like that don't take a lot of insight.

As Americans we are the only people in the world who are so obsessed with not appearing RACIST!!!! that we're always on the lookout for anyone who might be RACIST!!!! so we can point it out and effectively make us appear less RACIST!!!!!!

It's adorably pathetic.

Justsaying

Let us not forget Aaryn has a whole PR firm helping her. I believe they are telling her what to say including that the modelling firm that fired her isn't very good and that more modelling agency's are chasing her than Kate Upton.

Marie

She is a racist, I am Black and I would just rather she comes right out and admit who she is. After all one cannot be offended by someone who is honest about how they feel I certainly would not be offended. She is a racist and that is all there is.

J

DAS RACIST!!!

sPaNkdEnALgAs

If she's NOT racist, she's one hell of a BULLY

Anthony

Does everyone realize that Congress is voting to shut down the government and defund The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care) where is that Headline TMZ

frank

The only way this will work and prove Aaryn is not a racist she should make a sex tape and get banged by 3 black guys

JUstin

Who is she ? Is she the Princess of Wales ? Why should I give care if she is a Racist or not - She can be whatever she wants , and society is already showing her the consequences .. But to keep talking about it , like she's some important figure we should all care about is borderline ridiculous .. There are Great /better human beings in this world , how about we give them a little attention ..

R

I think "Demons" is a racist word.

AlyTheCaddyDude

She not a racist, that's just how most people react out of fear of others.

tonywestspeaks!

I'm a black guy and I would **** the "demons" out of her. :)