Jennette McCurdy

Tragedy

Mom Dies

9/21/2013 12:41 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0920-mother-jennette-mccurdy-getty-ipadJennette McCurdy -- who plays Sam on Nickelodeon's Sam & Cat -- suffered a tragedy today ... her mom died.

We're told Jennette is devastated -- she was very close to her mother, Debra McCurdy.  Debra had been fighting cancer and was very ill.

McCurdy was supposed to host a big show in NYC this weekend -- Nickelodeon's Worldwide Day of Play, where the network goes dark for 3 hours and kids are encouraged to get out and play.  We're told she's cancelled the gig.

Debra had been battling breast cancer for 17 years.  It went into remission but returned and spread throughout  her body, including her brain in 2010.

All Heart

Our hearts go out to the McCurdy family. It's never easy to lose your mom, but a girl her age needs her mother to help her transition into adulthood.

Your S&M Girlfriend

God bless her. Watching someone you love fight cancer is a hard thing to do, but losing your mother to cancer is wrenching. As sorrowful as this is, and I am sure she is grief-stricken, I think the word "tragedy" is misused, her death was not unexpected. She fought the good fight. RIP.

Dead account Delete at will

Sorry for her, clueless to who she is but sounds like a painful way to go and no one deserves that

Jackie

That's awful :(......btw isn't that the girl you posted about dating a basketball player just a week or so ago?

Azi

Peace be with the family.

TheMoniq64

I will keep Jeanette and her family in my prayers,i can relate to the pain of losing a mother. I can see how much they loved each other deeply,i feel for Jeanette.

NOT ELMO

Debra had been Battling Breast Cancer for 17 years.................They Need To Find a Cure For Cancer

Mrs Jackson

God bless her and her family . My kids love her show

Dianne

Terribly sorry for her loss....ugggg...so difficult to lose a parent. May she find peace in her heart sooner than later xo

bright eyez

So sad .

Crazy Cat Lady

My heart goes out to Jennette. I'm not familiar with her show, but I can certainly relate to the loss of her mother. I lost my mom 5 years ago and I still miss her terribly.

I hope Jennette is surrounded by supportive family and friends to help her through this.

Metta Worldhate

I'll make you feel better.

LovinLife

God bless you Jeannette. So sorry to hear this, this is horrible news.

Marie

I have no idea who they are, but I truly feel for this young woman's loss. My sincere condolences to her and her family. BTW, she was really pretty, and so is her daughter...

Lucy in the Sky

I feel her pain... I lost my mother nearly two years ago.. I don't think you ever get over a loss of a parent. She has a hard road a head of her..

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments