« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lamar Odom

Trashes His Father

Kardashians Are My Only Family

9/25/2013 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0813-khloe-lamar-tmz
Lamar Odom is breaking his silence to rip his own father to shreds for claiming that Khloe Kardashian and her mother drove Lamar into crack addiction -- and he's also acknowledging, for the first time, he's in a "dark" place.

In the scathing message Lamar says, "How can a man who has NOT once called me to check on my well being have the nerve to talk so recklessly about his own 'son'. He is my downfall!"

Lamar's angry letter, posted on Twitter, is a response to a published interview with Lamar's father, Joe Odom, in which he claimed the Kardashians cursed Lamar, ruined his career, and put so much pressure on him that he turned to drugs.

Joe also called Kris Jenner "an evil bitch."

Lamar's retort to his dad -- who's also battled drug addiction -- continues, "I have let this man and many others get away with a lot of s**t. He wasn't there 2 raise me. He was absent ALL of my life due to his own demons."

And Khloe's estranged husband fiercely defends her family, saying ... "He disrespecting the ONLY FAMILY that has loved me without expecting anything in return. They are the ONLY ones that have been here consistently 4 me during this dark time."

By "dark time" he could mean separation from Khloe, but as we've been telling you ... Lamar is deep in the grips of drug addiction -- so it could also be his first public admission of that battle.

Lamar added ... his father's "demons may be the ONLY thing he gave 2 me."

As for his current struggles -- addiction, marriage, basketball career -- Lamar says, "Only person 2 blame is myself. Say what you want about me but leave the ones who have done nothing but protect and love me out of this!"

0913_lamar_odom_through_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

princeluvr41

awesome lamar :)

UNLV1990

Better listen to your daddy Lamar , move in with him a ditch the Kardashian's . If you stay with them you will be dead in no time. All you are to them is a pay check. Wake up!

Jan

Lamar didn't write this...Khloe did. She has access to all his social media accounts. She wrote about Lamar's demons on her twitter and now it's repeated here. Too obvious PMK is spinning...Papa Joe hurt them bad.

mfbarnes52

What a crock of crap, Do you not think the K-hoe has access to his Twitter account? Why do you think there is only mentioning anything except to clean up the mess on the Whoredashians, no mention of his children, no apology to them, K-hoe never liked Joe anyway. He hasn't tweeted in 5 months and he all of a sudden does this? Give people a little more credit for having some sense.

AMEN True Metal

Lamar Odem will bounce back UP in life, everything happens for a reason.. As for the Kards, well the sage continues..... Who's up next???

Toilethead

Another plot twist for their stupid show.

LDB

get real lamar. your "supportive" family is telling media outlets everything. Kris wants khole to divorce you for the sake of the brand and Kim saying "we don't have crack heads in our family". just run away as fast as you can from this freakshow.

tmz addict

this is why people with messed up "parents" are messed up themselves... they need to make so many mistakes to learn their lessons ..... Some races just parent differently than others...

nick

Kris Jenner probably knows his twitter password and wrote this herself to try to save face. Lamar is probably cracked out somewhere and doesn't even know this was written for him

Lynn317

Finally. The real story directly from Lamar instead of all the hearsay fantasy conspiracy theories about how Mama K and Khloe are spreading false stories about Lamar trying to destroy him. The unfortunate part .... is that is appears dear old "daddy" has been reading all those comments that were falsely trying to demonize his wife and her family. His problem is addiction - plain and simple.
I am no fan of the K family - but do not believe for a minute they were attempting to destroy him in the media. Only thing - Lamar should have spoken out sooner. .

Jorge

The episode where she was teaching him to swim was pretty endearing. I think they're the real deal. Or at least my sub conscience romantic mind wants to believe so. I think Khloe is a bad ass who will fight the devil himself to save her man. God bless them both.

usertaylor

I don't care about supporting the Kardashians, but for those of you who make it a point to define their family and LO as a "waste of life" or wishing death upon them makes you all come across as hateful, troubled people. Nearly 24 million Americans struggle with addiction, so it's safe to assume a handful of you have spouses/relatives/friends who are in the same situation or have been before- how would you take it if someone judged your cir***stances the same way? Drugs don't affect famous people any differently than they do those out of the spotlight, regardless of the difference in quality or availability- if someone gets to the point where they "need" a drug, they won't be picky about what's available to them at any given time.

nof

It's very true what Lamar said - i.e. that we inherit our parents' demons.

They'll break us with the very things that broke them.

Usually before we understand what's happening.

My entire life's been about overcoming them.

Avoiding them like the plague.

You forgive - but you don't forget.

Jennifer

:'(

jas

dear lamar odom stick with your wife who truly loves you and you will have a better future recovering
start or continue with therapy