« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lamar Odom

Trashes His Father

Kardashians Are My Only Family

9/25/2013 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0813-khloe-lamar-tmz
Lamar Odom is breaking his silence to rip his own father to shreds for claiming that Khloe Kardashian and her mother drove Lamar into crack addiction -- and he's also acknowledging, for the first time, he's in a "dark" place.

In the scathing message Lamar says, "How can a man who has NOT once called me to check on my well being have the nerve to talk so recklessly about his own 'son'. He is my downfall!"

Lamar's angry letter, posted on Twitter, is a response to a published interview with Lamar's father, Joe Odom, in which he claimed the Kardashians cursed Lamar, ruined his career, and put so much pressure on him that he turned to drugs.

Joe also called Kris Jenner "an evil bitch."

Lamar's retort to his dad -- who's also battled drug addiction -- continues, "I have let this man and many others get away with a lot of s**t. He wasn't there 2 raise me. He was absent ALL of my life due to his own demons."

And Khloe's estranged husband fiercely defends her family, saying ... "He disrespecting the ONLY FAMILY that has loved me without expecting anything in return. They are the ONLY ones that have been here consistently 4 me during this dark time."

By "dark time" he could mean separation from Khloe, but as we've been telling you ... Lamar is deep in the grips of drug addiction -- so it could also be his first public admission of that battle.

Lamar added ... his father's "demons may be the ONLY thing he gave 2 me."

As for his current struggles -- addiction, marriage, basketball career -- Lamar says, "Only person 2 blame is myself. Say what you want about me but leave the ones who have done nothing but protect and love me out of this!"

0913_lamar_odom_through_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

twokeclipsegt

Guarantee that wasn't Lamar that wrote that. It was a kardashian trust me

Hell If I Know

I hate to admit it, but the K-TRASH familly seems to love and accept Lamar and welcomed him into their family with open arms. He had a hard childhood, his mother passed away when he was young so he probably enjoyed being a part of a huge, close family. Get your shiat together Lamar...get off drugs, get help or you will lose your wife. Most women would have hit the door by now, yet Khloe seems to not want to give up on you. You dad was a druggie azzhole, is he really somebody you want to be like?

Iris Myandowski

I see a HUGE vat of Kool-Aid in these idiots future

lee

This Rocky who said he should he should have married a black woman to hold him down sounds like
a retard. I am black woman and believe people should
be with who they want regardless of colour. Lamar l am pleased you defended Khloe and the rest of your
family after you dad said those horrible things about
them and let everyone know what he is like and the way he treated you from a child. All the delusional s***bags bullies and haters sicko talk and write so
much crap and rubbish they need to see a psychiatrist.
Khloe is the best wife don't loose her, she loves you
defend and care for you. You also love your wife. i hope you get get your life together and you can be happy again. God bless you both

Theresa Q

Lamar - you're a good guy. I wish you all the best on your journey.

East Coaster

Good Luck Lamar. Stick with your family and they will stick with you. Ignore this s**t on the internet.

alia

GOOD MAN LAMAR!!!!....you're right to defend your wife & family....from what you say & what we're seen on air, your dad hasn't been there for you & obviously wants to get another 15 minutes of fame & money granting an interview trashing your wife & family. He's a lost soul & you don't want to end up like him. You're better than that!

You are a good man to defend them & admit your faults....and you have a lot of love in your heart. Please get some help and get back with Khloe....she truly loves you. You'll feel much better and respect yourself again....that dark world of drugs is no place for a talented, good person like you to be. You don't want to end up like Whitney...take the help! God Bless you!

Jho

Whatever or whoever the cause, just get help Lamar

Change

I think the kardashians had some type of influence in Lamar's response..that's my opinion but at the end of the day,just like Lamar said HE is the only person to blame..not the kardashians and definitely not his father is to be blamed for his drug addiction. Everybody makes there own choices in life. He decided and made the choice to get involved with drugs himself. Nobody put a gun to his head and made him so it's his fault. Just hope he gets the proper help.

Mike

"Kardashians are my only family."

That explains the drug use.

Lynne

So a week a go he said he didn't have a drug problem but now he is talking about his evil demons. Yea, OK.
Sounds like a PR person wrote this tweet.

Tanisha-Lii

I won't say Lamar didn't write this. But it sounds like the Kardashians publicist had ALOT to do with this. Damage control for the K Klan. My only problem is in his defending the Kardashians where do his kids come in to play. Aren't they family. And it's funny how he barely responded to or gave statements on his cheating & drug use. But goes on to write a damn near blog about the Kardashians & how they're his family. Just food for thought.

Mr. Pukey

That would be reason enough to smoke crack all day and night.

Pittslady

If everybody would stop the cash train to them yes all of them the MALES mated with them would not go crazy and spend tons of money on trashy stuff..ya all...

Diego

What a sad story... Everything about this is sad.