« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lamar Odom

Trashes His Father

Kardashians Are My Only Family

9/25/2013 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0813-khloe-lamar-tmz
Lamar Odom is breaking his silence to rip his own father to shreds for claiming that Khloe Kardashian and her mother drove Lamar into crack addiction -- and he's also acknowledging, for the first time, he's in a "dark" place.

In the scathing message Lamar says, "How can a man who has NOT once called me to check on my well being have the nerve to talk so recklessly about his own 'son'. He is my downfall!"

Lamar's angry letter, posted on Twitter, is a response to a published interview with Lamar's father, Joe Odom, in which he claimed the Kardashians cursed Lamar, ruined his career, and put so much pressure on him that he turned to drugs.

Joe also called Kris Jenner "an evil bitch."

Lamar's retort to his dad -- who's also battled drug addiction -- continues, "I have let this man and many others get away with a lot of s**t. He wasn't there 2 raise me. He was absent ALL of my life due to his own demons."

And Khloe's estranged husband fiercely defends her family, saying ... "He disrespecting the ONLY FAMILY that has loved me without expecting anything in return. They are the ONLY ones that have been here consistently 4 me during this dark time."

By "dark time" he could mean separation from Khloe, but as we've been telling you ... Lamar is deep in the grips of drug addiction -- so it could also be his first public admission of that battle.

Lamar added ... his father's "demons may be the ONLY thing he gave 2 me."

As for his current struggles -- addiction, marriage, basketball career -- Lamar says, "Only person 2 blame is myself. Say what you want about me but leave the ones who have done nothing but protect and love me out of this!"

0913_lamar_odom_through_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Shelly

Lamar, please get help and get it now! I watch The Kardashians, and Khloe is my favorite and you two are great together, from what I see on tv anyway. She loves you very much. You don't want to throw that away.

NoMoreKtrash

That tweet was done by Khloe, not Lamar.

tmz addict

i hate drugs they are so unhealthy

Jughead

Fames whores. And, stupid Americans care.

Sigh.

Kathy

I don't think Lamar wrote any of this - came straight from Kris Jenner.

TheTruthSpeaker

Lamar...If you weren't a professional basketball player I would highly doubt the K-Klan would've been in your corner through the "darkest of times. You a grown ass man with kids...they should be your reason for you living. That's why you so bitter towards ya dad cuz your the same man he is. Get ya life#

michellehperez

This man needs to grow his big ass up. It blows me away how blessed these people are and they could careless. What is with all the self distruction? He is an NBA player, has loads of cash, and has a beautiful wife with a load of cash. Why choose to be high all the time and take down all the people in your life with you that care about you. Selfish I tell you! Selfish!!!!!! He wants a high, get high on life and appreciate what you have!

Mr Rod

If that is this ubangi's only family, he has more problems than he realizes!

Bettsie Greene

Well ,Well let's blame this on Kris Jenner, she's and old bitch. Lamar hope you can fight those demons and stay the hell away from those Kardashians.

TheyRLying

Lsmart is a blood sacrifice for the Kartrashians, what he needs is prayer before it's the end, Kris sacrificed her husband now it's time for another one, she gotta give up something for gaining Kanye

Angel07

Let's stop blaming parents. That is the poorest excuse to mess up opportunities that most people never get.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8