'Breaking Bad'

Walter White Gets REAL OBIT

In Hometown Newspaper

10/4/2013 9:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Breaking Bad News

1004_walter-white-01
SPOILER ALERT ... but if you don't know what happened by now, you probably live in a cave and don't have the Internet. Whatever, you've been warned ...

Walter White's death on "Breaking Bad" is apparently hitting some people harder than others ... 'cause the guy just got a real-life obituary in the newspaper where the show took place.

White would LOVE the obit -- which ran in the Albuquerque Journal -- 'cause it credits him as a co-founder of "Gray Matter" ... and we all know how passionate he was about getting his props for that.

As for how he died, the obit says White had a "long battle with lung cancer, and a gunshot wound."

The local paper says the obit was designed, written and paid for by a group of die-hard "Breaking Bad" fans.

One last thing -- In lieu of flowers, the obit says "donations can be made to a drug abuse prevention charity of your choice."

Nice ... bitch.

0930_breaking_footer

Get back to work!

That is awesome, thank you for posting it. Best show ever! On a brighter note, "Better Call Saul" is supposed to be a prequel, and that means that Walter White is still alive and well somewhere in that show.

FresnoBullpup

Actually, I had been able to avoid the finale information. Thanks for publishing "spoiler alert" underneath (and read after) the photo that had all the spoiler in it.

Jane

It was a hoot when I opened the Journal this morning and saw his obit. Put a grin on my face.

Todd J

Thanks Walter for making my Sunday nights the bomb.

melanielanderson@live.com

That obit is so funny I coundn't help to laugh out loud in a library cause I was so sad that the show ended.

SaveBehavioralHealthNM

It is interesting that a fictional drug kingpin from Albuquerque knew the charges against him, but good hardworking people from New Mexico (in the real world) lost their jobs, had their companies stolen and handed over to vultures from Arizona, and STILL to this day have been denied their constitutional right of due process. Scary times here in the real world folks.

Tara

RIP Walter Hartwell White. "To my other favorite W.W.

Sarah

**** YOU TMZ AND YOUR ****ING SPOILERS! You ****ing post the spoiler alert AFTER THE ****ING SPOILER. GO TO HELL!

HeisenbergLives

Great Breaking Bad inspired song parody music video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB3FBIyr4lE

Chris Rowson

Thanks guys... way to fark it ...time to unbookmark tmz.com

BECKER

Way to go Albuquerque Thanks for posting the Obit

Jenny

EFF YOU TMZ! Seriously. I've been trying nightly to catch up on Season 5 and you have this HUGE headline with the words Walter White OBIT! Thanks so much for ruining this for me! I've purposely NOT been scouring the internet, laying know, covering my eyes as soon as I see ANYTHING with the words breaking bad, but you really make it hard with your huge headline, too big and bright for me to scroll w/o reading, again, screw you. What happen to pre-empting with Spoiler Alert? Effing jerks.

Sonny

Awesome.

Bmorecurls

Yea tmz latching on breaking bass popularity because u guys blow

BillyBob

I've seen the finale Walt doesn't die

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments