Britney Spears

Dines In No Alcohol Zone

But ...

10/7/2013 4:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1007_britney_spears_lobbylounge_composite
Britney Spears
dined out last night with her boyfriend and a bunch of his friends ... and alcohol became an issue.

The group of 8 went to dinner at the Four Seasons Hotel in Westlake Village, near L.A.  We're told before Britney arrived, a few people in the group ordered drinks at the bar.  They all then went to their table in the restaurant, leaving the drinks behind.

Here's the deal ... Britney -- who once had a serious drinking issue that caused the custody judge to order her to undergo random testing -- has laid down the law with friends -- no one drinks when she's at the table.  Someone who was there tells TMZ ... a waitress came by and brought a glass of wine that one of the women had been drinking, and apparently the woman knew the drill and said the waitress was mistaken -- she wasn't drinking wine.

Apparently ... it was too much for at least one of the people to take.  We're told once Britney left ... one of the guys at the table made a beeline for the bar, ordered 3 vodkas in rapid succession and got kinda wasted.

Cheers.

0916_britney_spears_through_footer

bb

She does look beat, I think her past substance issues permanently altered her appearance, just like with Fergie. But at least she seems to be taking sobriety seriously unlike the celebs who go to rehab then straight back to clubbing drinking drugging.

Chuck

Britney's boy friend need to get a better class of friends.

Jody

I have never understood people who can't have a good time without drinking.

oink

poor lil Brit. have a drink bitch.

billybob

wow, this bitch looks like a 55 year old after a massive plastic surgery, with a wig, of course...

Js

Britney has the mental capacity of a child it seems from all the stories...she is still performing why exactly?

Gordon

Brittany looks old...like...failed actress still working at Olive Garden old.

KAB

I'm wondering how accurate the info is about no one drinking around her...that's not realistic or practical. I've been sober a long time and it has never been a requirement that people around me not drink. Maybe this is part of the celebrity bubble privilege? The rest of us have to live in a world where people drink/drug all around.

KAB

The requirement that no one drink in one's presence must be part of the celebrity bubble privilege. I have been sober a long time and it was never a requirement that people not drink around me. Not realistic or practical.

Nicole

I respect her staying away from alcohol, but other people certainly should be able to drink around her if they don't have a problem with it. Maybe Britney shouldn't go anywhere alcohol is served at all. It's not fair to push her issues onto other people like that.

NOT ELMO

it is hard for me to believe PLAYBOY-HEFNER has rejected Britney Spears 2 times already to be in PLAYBOY........Britney Spears now looks so tasty and delicious that why not let her be Naked in The Magazine...

speekintruth

So, they needed a face for their pre-chewed and packaged pop songs. ...and they picked Britiney spears?? I am not attempting to be mean here, but she wasn't very pretty in her youth, she is dumb as a stump, can't speak well, not great at dancing, and of course can't sing well either. She is an average at mouthing words on stage.

LittleMo

RachelRules: No, it's not the same and Britney IS dumb. Alcohol can be enjoyed socially and a lot of people do it very sparingly. Maybe when they have an occasional dinner out, maybe just special occasions, etc. Drugs ALWAYS lead to dependence . Britney developed that same dependence to booze but the world isnt' going to eliminate its existence so Britney can stay sober. She is the one who has to develop the skills and learn how to say no. If she is so far removed from being able to do it that she has to order no one in her group drinks, that is going to become someting serious that needs addressed. I will add, however, that, knowing her struggles, if I was in that group as a matter of courtesy I would not have had alcohol in front of her.

Keisha

If I drank and was having dinner with someone who was a recovering alcoholic or had an alcohol problem,out of respect I would not drink at all. If I couldn't abide by that then I wouldn't remain at the dinner. For me that would be a non-issue. I wouldn't have a drink before they arrived either because you will still have alcohol on your breath and a nice dinner with only eight dinner guests is an intimate setting with close conversations sometimes mere inches away so as not to interrupt someone while they are carrying on there own conversation. If you can't do something that simple for someone you care for then maybe that person should look for some new friends. No one needs to drink to have a good time and if you do then you have an alcohol problem too.

ruth romana