« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dies From Injuries

10/11/2013 8:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1011-adrian-peterson-02

update_bar
3:00 PM PDT:
Peterson just sent a series of Tweets: "God Bless everyone and thank u so much. The NFL is a fraternity of brothers and I am thankful for the tweets, phone calls and text messages from my fellow players. Thank you to my family, my fans and fans of other teams for their support."

gray-bar-update

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son has died ... cops have confirmed.

Cops believe Peterson's son was severely beaten by 27-year-old Joseph Patterson, the man who was dating the mother of the NFL star's child.

As we reported, the mother of the child has decided to donate the child's organs to people in need.

The boy was on life support since 5:30 PM Thursday ... but his condition never improved ... so family members made the decision to take the child off the ventilator.

Sources tell TMZ .. Adrian was informed about the situation before the news went public.

We're told Peterson will be planning the funeral with other members of the boy's family.

Patterson was initially arrested in Sioux Falls, South Dakota for assault and battery of an infant -- and now, it's almost certain the charges will be elevated to murder.

The details surrounding the beating are unclear -- but cops say medical responders were called to the apartment where the child was living on Wednesday evening ... and he was unresponsive when help arrived.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

LILDOGGIE

my heart breaks when i heard the news, my thoughts goes out to adrian peterson and his family.

LILDOGGIE

my heart breaks every time i hear babys getting beaten and killed my sympathy goes out to adrian and his family thank God i'm pro life who supports saving babies from abortion to child abuse.

Tim

what kind of human being beats on a 2 year old?.. i can't imaging the thoughts going on in adrian pettersons head. if i were him i would want some street justice. someone like that doesn't deserve to be on on this earth, even if they're waiting 15-20 years for the needle. absolute monster.

Qtrmiler347

Just release him in jail general population he will get what's coming his way. Hopefully the inmates don't allow him to die too quickly. I'll bet he is afraid to experience what he inflicted.

kelly white

I am sorry for you loss, he was such a young child and I am glad the mother decided to give his organs so others can continue to live another day. My heart goes out to the family

mamanelle5

Anybody that harms a child needs to be hung by his feet for a long period of time.

billybob

Very sad. I would go nuts with only one thought in my mind...

Bossy1982

Omg why? A two year child i hope someone gets to that MF and beat him!!!

terry blacktillinghast

my heart goes out to the family I cried when I heard the baby passed ....I just don't belive that the mom didn't see this abuse I know in my heart she as a mother who adores her child must have seen some signs..i pray the dirty rotten bastard rots in hell .....he should kill him self like the coward he is ..........rip angel''''no more pain.....: ( :(..... :(.......

Luke Weidman

before everybody crucifixes this Patterson guy, we don’t know what this kid might have said or done to trigger his caregiver to such a violent reaction. The youngster could have spilled something, ruining an item of value. Or maybe he had been continuously warned about very bad behavior, but refused to heed those warnings; over and over and over again. Like stepping in front of the tv during a big event or hiding the remote. The point is, we just don’t know. But what we do know is that young children can be very inconsiderate of others and many times refuse to detect that their guardian’s tolerance of their obstinance is drawing to an end. This could become a teachable moment for all youngsters around the globe; especially when dealing with someone who’s not your ‘blood relative’.

Luke Weidman
Charlotte, NC

Cathy

I am a Washington Redskin Fan, however the tragic incident that has happen to Mr. Peterson is horrible and even more so, because the person was a child with no fault of it's own. As such, I rely on TMZ to keep it real by letting all sports news today to keep a small picture in memory all day today in honor of his child. Thank you.

sheryl st louis

ADRIAN PETERSON,IS AN ANIMAL HE SHOWED NO FEELINGS FOR HIS TWO YEAR OLD,DID HE EVEN HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS KID,I DONT THINK HE WAS IN HIS LIFE,I GUESS HE IS HAPPY NO CHILD SUPPORT TO PAY,DEAD BEAT DAD,AND PLAYED HIS GAME,THATS THE PROBLEM NO FATHER FIGURE WHAT A SHAME

KimLovesMJ

My heart goes out to the Family. and I hope the guy that did this gets what's coming to him. And those that want to put the Father down, re-read the articles where he just met his son at the hospital. You can't blame him if the mother hadn't told him about his son till he was 2 years old. Yet people want to run their mouths about him when it was the Mother that left him with this child killer.
I can only hope that AP finds some kind of peace knowing that his son is an angel up in heaven. I know it would be better had this whole thing never happend. God be with this family in their time of sorrow.

LB

Skit sounds like one of those attention seekers that posts crap just to get some kind of response. Negative or positive, it doesn't matter. Attention is attention. Maybe if everyone just ignored his ridiculous rants, he'd get bored and go away.

PRINCESS

THIS IS SO HORRIFIC THIS WAS A PURE ACT OF EVILNESS, PEOPLE DONT BELIEVE IN THE DEVIL BUT I TELL U MY BIBLE TELLS ME THAT DEMONS ARE REAL, AND THIS PERSON WAS POSSESSED WITH ONE IN ORDER TO OF HAD CARRIED OUT AN ACT SUCH AS THIS. MY HEART AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO BOTH FAMILIES INVOLVED. GOD ALMIGHTY WILL HAVE THE LAST SAY HARVEY AND TEAM BACK AT TMZ'S. HAVE A BLESSED DAY GUYS MAY GOD KEEP YOU AND YOUR'S SAFE ALWAYS YOUR A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE, I'VE BEN STUDYING SOME OF THE NEWS YOU BRING FORTH AND IT'S ALL GOOD KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK.
PRINCESS OF CLEMENTON, N.J.