« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adrian Peterson

Strong Fan Support

During Metrodome Arrival

10/13/2013 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101313_adrian_peterson_launch
Adrian Peterson arrived to the Metrodome this morning with his game face on -- and fans waiting outside gave AP tons of love for showing up.

Peterson is set to face the Carolina Panthers any moment now -- and judging by the video ... fans inside the arena are gonna go OFF when AP hits the field.

As we previously reported ... Adrian insisted on playing in today's game following the death of his 2-year-old son and earlier today said, "God wants good to come from it."

He added, "We mourn and grieve but heaven had the baddest welcoming party for my son ... That knowledge gives me peace."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

The world is disgusting

Heaven had a bad ass welcoming party for your son? What does that even mean???! And God wanted you to play so some good would come out of it? Because playing a game would bring some good out of a child's death! What a Fking loser, moron! Milk it, AP. LOSER!

chrsev

So because TMZ didnt accurately report this story. The child in the picture w AP is Adrian Jr and not the child that passed.

shakedoggy

losing this child is the tuffest thing this footballer is likely to ever go thru. and just think how much more it wood hurt had he actually met the child. the only thing getting him thru this is the joy he will find by not having to shell out thousands per month in child support. no sense in supporting a lifeless, spoiled child.

Shaylarz

It's not AP's fault that he didn't have a relationship with his son. Guy just found out about it. That's the kid's mom's fault. I imagine it was kind of a whirlwind situation for AP. Hey, this is your kid, and two months later, hey, your kid just got beat to death by my boyfriend. Regardless of that, an innocent toddler was brutally murdered. Completely senseless. I'm sure AP isn't sure exactly what he should be feeling, so he does what he knows, which is play football. All people process death differently. There is no right or wrong way to grieve. I lived in MN for 24 years and people back home love them some Adrian Peterson. It's not his fault his kid's mom had to run a list of who the possible father of the kid might be. According to reports, as soon as he found out about the news that he had this mystery child, he immediately asked what he could do to help. He planned a trip to meet his son and start a relationship. He didn't get that chance, and for that, he is deserved of sympathy.

shana

Just because hes a sperm donor doesnt make him a father

laffnbear

Delusions can be comforting.
Their is NO god.
How can ANYONE "know what god wants?"

laffnbear

He is no more a father than a bull or stallion.

ticallion

Imagine you're rich and out of the blue some woman you haven't seen in three years tells you her son is yours and you'd drop everything you're doing without proof. I think there was some DNA testing/court/legal proceedings going on during those 2 months.

ltko51

well of course you should offer sympathy but i'm a little confused. its his son regardless of how long he's know about it. you don't go to work when your son in hospitalized. hmmm... your son or a football game. it seem a little strange to me. i know what i'd do... what would YOU do?

Loopy

Very unfortunate situation, but I know where my dog and act are at all times and they are asfe.

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

The fact that AP had never met or knew about his illegitimate child until the baby had suffered the TBI was a factoid that seemed like it was being kept under wraps. It was puzzling why he would decide to play instead of being with his baby. Most people with a conscience I'm sure were aghast that he would do this. The blame for this mess falls on the Carolina Panthers organization who put him out there like he was some kind of tragic hero. AP obliged by going in front of the hoards of press then told everyone to mind their own business. Now the stupid Panther fans are salivating over this tragedy hoping he will score a touchdown like it will mean something. Pro football is notorious for this he-man honor and glory bullshyt. That's why I refuse to watch it anymore.

SNAFU

Oh please, he didn't even know the kid.

colbee

Agree 100% snafu, this is making me sick! Not only did AP not know the boy but has never claimed him, in fact denied he was his until very recently and he never paid child support. So now we are supposed to feel bad for a deadbeat dad bc the son he never knew dief tragically? Its sad he is dead but prayers belong with the boy whos dad disowned him and his mother, who may have made questionable choices apparently but she was the only PARENT he had

Truth

TMZ SUCKS FOR INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM. THE TRUTH ALREADY LEAKED FROM THE MAN WHO ACTUALLY TOOK CARE OF THE KID SINCE HE WAS BORN. DUDE IS NAMED BOBBY RUFFIN. HERE'S WHAT THE DUDE SAID ABOUT ADRIAN PETERSON ON FACEBOOK.
@BOBBY RUFFIN, SIOUX FALLS, SD... So tired of all this Adrian Peterson sh**!! Let me blow your minds. The boy who died was my son. Yes, AP he was his biological father but I raised him and he carries my name. Tyrese Robert Ruffin. I dont blame AP for not caring cuz both him and I found out recently who biological father was. AP met my son first time yest when he was already in coma. I was here today when we pulled plug not him. He was happily practicing and playin on Sunday. So yea this isnt all out yet but I'm sick of all this AP sh**! He didnt even know or met my son!! Sorry for outburst but put yourself in my place.
SO THERE YOU HAVE IT... AP IS A FAKE ASS AND THAT PRESS CONFERENCE WAS FAKE, NON-CHALANT AND DISTANT. HIS FIANCE WAS EVEN IMPLYING **** ON TWITTER, VERY COLD AND DISTANT BASICALLY IMPLYING THE KID IS NOT MY BUSINESS AND THE TRUE SON IS HERS, AP JR. WHO IS ALIVE. TMZ SUCKS FOR FACTS! #TRUTH!!

slymfiz

I understand at first his shock but i think at a point he should stop thanking fans and ask them to send those payers to the mom and the man who was raising that lil boy the last two yrs.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments