Pharrell to Will.i.am

Give It Up, Bitch

You're Nothin Like Me

10/14/2013 12:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011-pharrell-will-i-am
The gloves are off in Pharrell WIlliams' trademark war with Will.i.am -- Pharrell now says Will.i.am is DREAMING if he thinks he's up to the "Get Lucky" singer's level ... because he's not even close.

As we reported, Will.i.am filed a lawsuit against Pharrell over the trademark "I Am" ... after Pharrell attempted to stake his claim on a YouTube channel called "I Am Other."

In his docs, Will.i.am suggested users might get confused over the "I Am" name because he and Pharrell have both "achieved great distinction" in the hip hop world, each releasing mega hits ... and working with the industry's top professionals.

But Pharrell has fired back ... saying that's utter BS ... Will.i.am hasn't achieved the same distinction at all. As a result, Pharrell argues there would be zero confusion about who's really behind the "I Am Other" channel.

What's more, Pharrell says Will.i.am's track record for copyright infringement is embarrassing ... saying Will.i.am's been a defendant in nearly a dozen infringement lawsuits (including song stealing).

For these reasons, Pharrell wants Will.i.am's lawsuit thrown out of court ... so he can use the phrase "I Am Other" with zero repercussions. He also wants Will.i.am to pay for his lawyers.

Will.i.am's rep had no comment.

Italia

Both are great songwriters. Pharrell wrote that bad azz movie scores to "Despicable Me" movies and Will.I.Am wrote the movie scores to the "Madagascar" movies. Both geniuses.

tippy katz

Im racist? haha you idiot.

Marcus

Will is a douchebag and a wannabe. A total light weight. He's only talented in his own mind. He can't touch Pharrell's swag and genius.

Kartrashian Klown

OUCH!

tippy katz

Grouchy is racist! RACIST!!!!!

Truth

HA! PHARRELL GOT THIS EGOTISTICAL IDIOT, POINT BLANK! PERIOD. WAT I'VE BEEN SAYIN ALL ALONG... WILL.I.AM IS LIKE BEYAAWWNCE... 2 SWAGGER JACKERS WORSHIPPED BY ROSE COLORED WEARING DELUSIONAL 5150 STANS. #TRUTH!!

Shjsajjjjj

They both have terrible music. I hate listen to there **** on the radio. They play the same ****ing songs over & over again.

worldclass

Pharrell is also a known copyright violator so I have no idea where he's getting off saying any of that. Fact of the matter is if he was so creative he'd just make up another 3 word name for his youtube channel. He's no less petty in this situation

jiffymackk

Will.I.Am compared to Pharrell is like comparing Glass Joe to Tyson! You can't f**k with the greatest. Team Pharrell!

rlemons

Agreed

rcytrcy01@yahoo.com

William needs to get over himself. I'm with Pharrell.

lili

Will I am has better music, the music pharrell is producing sounds hella stupid

Mponjoli malakasuka

Pharrell williams and Will I.AM Dr Seuss coming after you

Jericho Morton

St Paul used the term "I am" in the bible. Little Willy going after that too?

burning_plastic

YES! Swill I Am is ****ing bull**** and Pharrelll is a genius.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments