Ricky Schroder

Yanks Daughter From School

After Cancer Outbreak

10/17/2013 1:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1016-ricky-schroder-01
Ricky Schroder has such fears his daughter's Malibu school causes cancer ... he's yanked her out, and we're told other high-profile parents have similar concerns.

Ricky tells TMZ  ... the facts are scary -- 3 teachers at Malibu Middle School have been diagnosed with thyroid cancer in the last 6 months.  Seven other teachers have experienced severe migraines and others say they have skin rashes, hair loss and other ailments.

Ricky says the buzz around the school is that soil around the school is contaminated with PCBs, lead and pesticides.  Teachers also think the classrooms might be contaminated with mold.

Parents are now demanding tests for various contaminants, including radioactivity, asbestos and Ricky tells us ... he's physically removed his daughter from the school "as an abundance of caution" ... until it's determined it's safe for her to return. Until then, she's taking classes at home via independent study ... and about 25% of the students in her class are doing the same thing.

As for Ricky ... he says until he knows it's safe for his daughter to return to classes, she'll be homeschooled.

School officials are conducting more testing this week. According to a statement, preliminary tests showed "no unusual findings" for mold contamination ... and any mold found so far should not pose a health problem.

We've reached out to a number of school officials for comment ... so far, no response from them.

gbtw

i can't tell if tmz thinks this is insane? it's scary. i don't think it's a joke the **** that we've done to our environment and the fact that we're all gonna reap what we've sewn.

Barb

They may also want to have the tap water tested for fluoride levels, since it has been shown to cause thyroid diseases.

SickGirl

You guys are scaring me I live on the west coast. I'm glad I'm moving now

Dead@27

Who is this Wigger ?

CindyCindyCindy

sounds more like radiation poisoning from Japan...they are in California aren't they?

Grace

The Fukushima waters came to California in 2012 and contaminated the blue fin tuna. It's still there. That's why people are getting ill. The school probably already knows but doesn't want to get sued.
Read these www.enenews.com
www.fukushima-diary.com
and http://fairewinds.org/tag/fukushima-daiichi/

rhode

My mom died of aggressive thyroid cancer 2 months ago. I think he is doing the right thing. Ps. Happy birthday mom. Miss you.

kr

SMART move!!!! I know here at a local high school 3 kids have all gotten a super rare cancer. There is something definately in the environment somewhere

Stoked

And I wonder what a Schroder education consists of. Drama, drama drama. BTW this school isn't on some old toxic dump site or even an old anything site. This was open space on a natural hillside that overlooks the Pacific. Oh the drama.

TheUltraworld

Those chemicals are the real deal, known carcinogens. He should have his daughter's blood checked for those chemicals. A PSA test wouldn't hurt either. I think he did the right thing. He's not over reacting at all here.

AK

I wonder if “WIFI” is interfering with our bodies…

flick555

I don't blame him for what he did. Not until some answers are found at least.

The only question I have now is when did cute blonde Ricky Schroder get beat with an ugly stick?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2