Lara Flynn Boyle

Mystery Behind Shocking New Pics

10/18/2013 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1017_laura_flynn_boyle_fame_launchSomething seems different about Lara Flynn Boyle ... at least judging from these new pics of the actress, but people close to LFB tell TMZ that NOTHING'S WRONG, she's the victim of a few bad photo angles.

The former "The Practice" actress was out shopping at The Glen Centre in L.A. earlier this week looking noticeably different than she has in the past.

We called several people close to Lara to find out if perhaps something was wrong -- but we were assured by them the actress is perfectly fine ... and just seems to photograph poorly these days.   In fact, one person said she saw Lara 2 weeks ago and she looked fantastic.

The problem, it's not that there was just one stray shot -- Lara's look is consistent in a series of photos taken that day, from multiple angles.

Yeah, we're stumped too.

1017-laura-flynn-boyle-back-in-the-day_launch

Banjo

That puffiness in her face and belly area looks like she is on prednisone or I'm guessing liver failure and she's on Spironolactone

Kartrashian Klown

I doubt it's something related to surgeries. Maybe it's some kind of medical condition. She was thin before and she's kind of similar but with a bigger stomach and a double chin. Maybe she did have a stroke and her people don't want it discussed. She does look strange. Something happened though, for sure.

Murderface

She looks like Peter Griffin when he had a stroke.

bernergirl

With that belly distended like that it looks as if she is suffering from Ascites.

glenn

just seen the Justin Bieber youtube video (all that matters) filmed on the great wall of china, well it has earned the tag, "made in china" well done, "Justin". Well no its a **** song over produced vocals. Smoke em if your got em, just not while recording ?

Lori Miles

Leave her alone. She obviously has health issues. Do not prey on the weak TMZ. I have enjoyed your reporting, but am not impressed with the vulture-like behaviour. Picking at diseased, deceased, and vulnerable persons is not commendable, nor respected.

EnquirerLover

After seeing all the pictures in the gallery. I think she had a stroke from either complications from surgeries or drugs. She looks stiff and emotionless. Not a fantastic outcome by any means. Jack Nicholson done ****ed her up. Remember she was with him full time and for a long time during his heyday. He even brags about his wild parties and lifestyle then. She got hooked on something powerful and snapped! Too many demons in Horrorwood!

speekintruth

Women have it pretty rough. I've been more aware of it recently, and it is especially noticeable to me as I watch my various famous crushes get older.
The famous male actors get even more popular, the women start to wind down at 30. Gone by 40 with few exceptions.
I've been told this is because men get more interesting. Pretty tough for a 35 yr old woman to compete with a 20 year old.

ladee da

Clearly she's an alcoholic. Nothing can fix this mess. Get to rehab sweetie, before it's too late.

Arcadia Rink

This looks like a medical condition. My guess is she had a stroke. I wish her well.

scarlett06

I don't get it. What is the mystery? Am I missing something? Really.
She has a little bit of a trout pout, but that seems to be consistent with her older photos.
She looks fine to me. No biggie here!

mam

uh oh, not a strong look!

static

That's what comes from banging Jack Nicholson.

Jen

I think the lady she was talking to farted. Lara totally has the who farted look. Sad!

Lizz

The standout here is that she drives a honda civic. For real.

No- seriously- she looks awful and her stomach is bloated as all hell. She looks like shes on steroids.