Dina Lohan

The Paparazzi Caused Her

To Drive Drunk

10/23/2013 8:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

102313_dina_exit_launch_v2 Dina Lohan drove totally wasted and it's all because the paparazzi drove her to the bottle and then the steering wheel ... this according to her bizarre lawyer.

Dina and her lawyer, Mark Heller, appeared for a routine hearing in her drunk driving case, and then Heller offered up the indefensible defense.

Here's the argument ... Dina's lifestyle presents lots of challenges and stress, brought on by the barrage of photogs that follow her.  Those stresses caused Dina to down enough alcohol to register a .20 blood alcohol level as she tooled down the road.  Short story -- it's our fault, not hers.

You may remember Heller.  He was literally run out of L.A. after getting fired in the Lindsay Lohan shoplifting case.

Heller hopes that the judge will take his argument under consideration in Dina's DWI case.

Hope springs eternal.

Shaken not stirred

Lmao! Alrighty then.

STFUP

He should have argued that Dina is incapable of making sound decisions on her own. After all, she DID hire Heller again!

FUTMZ

Dear Evil Paparazzi...... since y'all seem to have the power to force DUIna to drive stewed, can you please do it again. A few times would be cool.... I think the 3rd is an automatic felony. You can get her locked up (like Lindsay Lohan)!

mark

clearly, you superficial, kardashian-obsessed nitwits at TMZ aren't familiar with the definition of, "literally". it's as if one of the requirements of those you hire as writers is illiteracy. pitiful.

mark

clearly, you superficially obsessed nitwits at TMZ aren't familiar with the definition of, "literally". it's as if one of the requirements of potentials writers here is illiteracy.

Majestik

I hope for everyone's amusement that TMZ has a camera in the courtroom when Heller walks in with that defense. I want to see the look on the face of that judge when he presents his reasoning for drinking and driving. When you think this family couldn't get any worse, and I haven't even gotten to Smeggy's thread yet. A two fer from the Lohan's. Thank god though, I was getting ready to head to Huffington and ROL thanks to the non-stop Karstoogian threads.

DogsRule

HA, that's a good one! That family is Pathetic!

Beaners

It is a simple answer, one cannot FIX STUPID! OMG this woman is the Poster Child as to the reason why some women shouldn't be allowed to have children.

notalawyer

Well that EXPLAINS everything.
She went all out for a PROFESSIONAL attorney.

robocop

Only an azzhole like could defend this dumb bitch!

Maggie

LMAO lock her up and throw away the key. She's too dumb to be on the road anyway

Andie

I think her lawyer must be drunk if he thinks that's a defense.

Hurley

They should have used "the leprechaun in the corner made me do it" She's Irish right?

Italia

Isn't "giving an explanation" the same as pleading "guilty"? He's essentially saying "She did it, and here's why." I've never seen an attorney as dumb as Mark Heller.

Italia

If he was my attorney and told me to give the court an "explanation" instead of pleading "not guilty", I would have fired him on the spot and got myself a real attorney.