« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Richie Incognito

I'm Not a Racist ...

Martin Isn't Even Mad at Me

11/10/2013 7:44 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

111013_incognito_glazer_launchRichie Incognito is playing the "everybody does it" card to explain why he hammered Jonathan Martin with threatening, racist, and violent language -- and further, he says it's just how he and Martin talk to each other.

In his first extensive interview, Incognito -- who's been suspended for his actions -- basically said players in NFL locker rooms, black and white, use the n-word freely.

Incognito admitted being "embarrassed" by the voicemail he left for his teammate ... where he called him a "half n**ga" -- and said he feels it's inappropriate for him to ever use that word. Strange ... since he's also saying he does it all the time.

As for bullying? Incognito told FOX NFL Insider Jay Glazer ... he didn't think this was a case of bullying ... and was more "an issue of mine and Jon's relationship, where I've taken stuff too far, and I didn't know it was hurting him."

Incognito also shared text messages he says his "best friend" Jonathan sent him after the controversy exploded. He claims Martin said ... "I don't blame you guys. I blame some stuff in the locker room. I blame the culture. I blame what was going on around me."

So, we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mack_D

Hell naw I dont forgive his racict azz!

Mack_D

He looks like he says the n word in his sleep!

abby

"everybody does it" . . . If everyone jumped off a cliff, would he jump, too?

Charlene

There is absolutely NOTHING to forgive this guy for. Martin needs to stop being a cry baby, this is the NFL NOT Romper Room!!

Mr. Principal

This interview is another excuse for ongoing racism in America. Own your mistakes and move on. In 2013, race shouldn't be an issue but unfortunately it still is....

ida

NFL should fire his dog @$$. Once fire, Martin should hire someone to kick his @$$. Martin could kick his butt ….. wouldn't be wise for his career.

Ricardo Marquez

A large number of these NFL players would be selling dope or robbing you if it wasn't for the NFL. You have a violent game with potentially violent players. Just ask the players how many times in a work day do you hear the word nigguh...100's i'm sure

Mikey

He's one of the greatest motivational speakers of our time. He should sell cds like Tony Robbins.

Bully

Run a poll: Richie a bully or Jonathan a Pu$$Y

Wow

I think they should take both of these childish adults and lock them both in the same room to fight it out. This entire story his become big joke hyped up by the media. Soon we will see movies made about this crazy story. In my opinion it's not bullying it's just two unintelligent children who weigh over 350 lbs being foolish.

VoiceOfReason

I think the world needs to accept that ***** is common slang and as long as nobody is calling anybody a ******, it's not a hate crime or hate speech. That's just the reality. And poor paula deen, back when she said it, every white person was saying it, they should have given her a break cause she was honest about it.

VoiceOfReason

Where were all these people when Jackie Robinson was going through this? Wish he had people to support him too and glad that they are standing up for Martin about the bullying. It's not necessarily even the racism that is as bad as the bullying

VoiceOfReason

Edited to add- Jackie did have amazing brave supporters including the white man who helped him get into baseball but I mean I wish there had been public outcries back then too and I'm sorry for our racist past. It still continues, we were built on slavery, but thank god it's getting better through the courage and perseverance of leaders in the African American community and others who have been sympathetic to their cause ie Abe Lincoln.

beayou

Incognito is a sociopath. People who do bad things and blame the victim are sociopaths. I don't think there's much that can be done for this guy other than wait for him to do something a lot worse than the Martin thing. He may wind up in prison some day.

Susan

I don't believe a word this guy says.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments