Alec Baldwin

Suspended by MSNBC

Apologizes for Homophobic Rant

11/15/2013 5:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1115-alec-baldwin-msnbc-tmz
Alec Baldwin has one less place to rant ... MSNBC suspended the actor from his talk show for hurling homophobic slurs -- and he's finally admitting what he said was "offensive."

Baldwin released a statement saying ... "I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have – and for that I am deeply sorry."

Baldwin's issued his apology after MSNBC announced it was yanking his weekly show off the air tonight and next Friday.

Alec seems to be rationalizing his rage though, saying ... "What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable."

Baldwin originally claimed he yelled, "c**ksucking fathead" ... instead of "c**ksucking f*g" ... while chasing a photographer on Thursday.

In his apology Baldwin concedes, "Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward.  Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support."

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Liza Rousseau

He should be banned EVERYWHERE !!!!

TheTruthIs

Biggest freak!

tjs

Ya know if the guy is gay then Alex wasn't lying. Truth is truth, right???

Cookie35

The guy is wrong, no doubt but suspending his show???? I've heard ppl say way worse, come on ppl I'm sure you have heard worse!!! Freedom of speech were in America!!!! When all these tabloids say stuff about stars, they got 2 take it and just suck it up but yet when he says somthing he hates gay ppl??? Whatever!!!!

Oliver

MSNBC are a bunch of ***gots

Rachel

Maybe his wife needs to think before she instigates Alec into fighting with the reporters. She knows he's a hothead and she exaggerated an incident to get him started. So, good!

Jody

Finally! I won't watch Citi Bank commercials if he's in them. I agree with TMZ why should he get a pass and Paula Dean get nailed.

Oliver

MSNBC are such F. A. G. fruits.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13