Alec Baldwin

Suspended by MSNBC

Apologizes for Homophobic Rant

11/15/2013 5:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1115-alec-baldwin-msnbc-tmz
Alec Baldwin has one less place to rant ... MSNBC suspended the actor from his talk show for hurling homophobic slurs -- and he's finally admitting what he said was "offensive."

Baldwin released a statement saying ... "I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have – and for that I am deeply sorry."

Baldwin's issued his apology after MSNBC announced it was yanking his weekly show off the air tonight and next Friday.

Alec seems to be rationalizing his rage though, saying ... "What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable."

Baldwin originally claimed he yelled, "c**ksucking fathead" ... instead of "c**ksucking f*g" ... while chasing a photographer on Thursday.

In his apology Baldwin concedes, "Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward.  Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support."

Debbie

It's about time. How many passes does this guy get? He' been offensively ranting for years.

✫✫ MiMi's Extra Large Posterior ✫✫

WHO'S INTO FAT CHICKS??

BigKahuna

Dude has severe anger issues.

J

Good...He should be treated like every celebrity that uses offensive language...and he better take an anger management class before someone gets seriously hurt...Your wife and child were safe in the car at the time you went after the photog...you were a making a bad situation worst...

Jacob

Once again, America flexes its oversensitive muscles.

It speaks to how insecure people are when they are so affected by what someone else says. Ooh, the "N" and "F" words. Ooh. Who cares? Get over it.

Machelle

I wouldn't have apologized. MSNBC sucks anyway.

anne2

He's always been a putrid POS!!

LDB

lying pos did use c*cksucking f*g to hurt and offend the paps. he's a bully that likes to throw his weight around to intimate people. one of these days he's going to get his ass kicked for trying to be a badass

karlew

I'm not in anyway in the same mind set as Baldwin. I say live and let live. However what a lot of people don't realize is that they're expecting dinosaurs to turn into swans. I'm around the same age as Baldwin so I know what kind of culture he was likely raised in. To insult, tease and even beat up gay guys was an accepted behaviour for young men. In fact, as a young man, to be accepting of homosexuality was almost unheard of, it somehow threatened their own masculinity It was wrong but that's the way it was nevertheless. I think we're expecting evolution in a single generation and it's just not going to happen. Not excusing him just stating a fact.

Corey

While I think that this guy is a big douche bag...I do not think he is homophobic at all. He has always been an outspoken advocate for LGBT rights. Sometimes people say horrible things when they are in a rage.

CelebJustice

If you're going to continue to do a show for MSNBC, you better learn to lie better. lol... such a pathetic human being.

nick

Gay people suck *****..are they offended ...if so y...are they ashamed of suckingg *****....

nick

Why is it oofensive to gays to call someone a male genital sucker?mm?..are gay males ashamed of sucking male genitals??

Black Adam

Good, I hope I never see him again. He does things like this when he has a movie or a new show out. Every new season of 30 Rock, since him calling his daughter a "Selfish disgusting pig" he has done things for publicity. His Msnbc show ratings are flatlining, so he decided to drum up some ratings.

Jack

Hilaria, run for your life, literally.