Alec Baldwin

Suspended by MSNBC

Apologizes for Homophobic Rant

11/15/2013 5:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1115-alec-baldwin-msnbc-tmz
Alec Baldwin has one less place to rant ... MSNBC suspended the actor from his talk show for hurling homophobic slurs -- and he's finally admitting what he said was "offensive."

Baldwin released a statement saying ... "I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have – and for that I am deeply sorry."

Baldwin's issued his apology after MSNBC announced it was yanking his weekly show off the air tonight and next Friday.

Alec seems to be rationalizing his rage though, saying ... "What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable."

Baldwin originally claimed he yelled, "c**ksucking fathead" ... instead of "c**ksucking f*g" ... while chasing a photographer on Thursday.

In his apology Baldwin concedes, "Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward.  Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support."

Perky

All the guys I know that yell what he did end up sucking them in the parks and bathrooms across the nation, just saying.

Ann

I am very uncomfortable with MSNBC's decision. When a crowd of strangers surrounds a celebrity, there is no telling if those strangers are actually photographers or wackos carrying guns. It's the same with Alec. I feel really sorry for him because whenever he steps outside his home or his automobile, he immediately loses control and has to deal with the uncertainty of the people who are in his face. I hope to hell that all he ever finds in those crowds is photographers. God bless him and every celebrity who has to put up with these scary situations.

Ann

When a crowd of strangers surrounds a celebrity, there is no telling if they are photographers or weapon carrying wackos. It's the same with Alec. I feel really sorry for him because whenever he steps outside his home or his automobile, he immediately loses control and has to deal with the uncertainty of the people who are in his face. I hope to hell that all he ever finds in those crowds are photographers. God bless him and every celebrity who has to put up with these scary situations.

Susanlsmith

No one willingly watched his show. It was solely for people with diminished mental capacity

Carl

What is really amazing about Alec is how he keeps having these anger episodes one after another. There have been 3 or 4 now in just a couple days. Most people with anger issues can at least hold it together for a while after a major outburst. Heck, even Chris Brown can go months between his outbursts.

nick

Gay males..u suck poles and balls...y get offended ..it's the truth

Chris

I'm so sick of Alec Baldwin constantly apologizing for his rages. Alec - either fix your problem (anger management) or keep doing what you're doing, accept the consequences (when there ARE consequences such as this time, there were) and don't make apologies because they're meaningless when you're insincere and you know you'll do it again because that's just what you do and have BEEN DOING for years and years.

nof

"Goad him into doing something, goad him into doing something, goad A.B. into doing something..."

It's not just A.B. and Family - it's his entire NEIGHBORHOOD being impacted by this.

nof

NBC pretty-much had to do this -

But they know the predicament Alec is in.

That he's being harangued, taunted, targeted.

It's disgusting A.B. and family have to FACE that.

Every time they come home and/or leave.

I'm a nervous wreck just WATCHING it.

100 Paps that all want you to snap - lovely sitch.

Demi

Words are importsmt specially " Words with Friends " . Lol!

ummm?!

I can't help but wonder if Alec Baldwin and Mel Gibson are distant relatives. They have so much in common. Tempers, Anger Issues, Rage, Phobias, etc.

stan

He needs a shrink. He needs to learn that because your a famous actor this doesn't give you the right of being an a$$hole

nof

And they're working in TEAMS now -

One goads and one records.

One goads and one records.

One goads/taunts, one records.

They split the take.

NYC and L.A. have to DO more.

Alec's BUILDING needs to provide him w/protection.

With the money HE'S paying?

He has to take on 100 of these Paps - alone?!

Barb

He's his own worst enemy. His stubborn-ness and arrogance to settle down and quit being a jerk, belie any apology, and if you're TRULY sorry, you don't keep doing the same **** over and over and over and....

elle

Didn't even know this pig had a show on MSNBC. Now that I do I won't watch.