Alec Baldwin

Suspended by MSNBC

Apologizes for Homophobic Rant

11/15/2013 5:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1115-alec-baldwin-msnbc-tmz
Alec Baldwin has one less place to rant ... MSNBC suspended the actor from his talk show for hurling homophobic slurs -- and he's finally admitting what he said was "offensive."

Baldwin released a statement saying ... "I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have – and for that I am deeply sorry."

Baldwin's issued his apology after MSNBC announced it was yanking his weekly show off the air tonight and next Friday.

Alec seems to be rationalizing his rage though, saying ... "What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable."

Baldwin originally claimed he yelled, "c**ksucking fathead" ... instead of "c**ksucking f*g" ... while chasing a photographer on Thursday.

In his apology Baldwin concedes, "Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward.  Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support."

suspenders

I have enjoyed Alec Baldwin's acting since I first saw him in Hunt for Red October....he was great...and funny, etc.
I don't blame him for his aversion to the paps, but just for kicks, he should really work on reining it in a bit.
That said, I must say that I often feel bad that people can no longer say I feel gay comfortably. The word was co-opted, but it was such a descriptive word of feeling lighthearted, happy, and well....gay....

Art Fugue

He's constantly issuing apologies. They should not be accepted. Behave better, you lout.

bmsvds

Dude. Get it together.

Pat

No one saw it because no one watches MSNBC

Pissed

I don't understand. Homosexuals, and African american's want to be called certain things, names, referred to in a certain way.
What's wrong with someone else referring to them as they think?
Not everyone is pro-gay, pro-african american- Does this make them less of an American?
If everyone should have equal rights, fine........ The anti- have a right to their opinion to.

Marge

Why all the censorship on this site?

DipToTroopsDeployed

No need to apologize. It's a free country

janet

What talk show? Like he could care less. Still very simple leave me and my family alone.

buggaz

Baldwin is entitled trash.

Big Momma

This guy has NO ability to edit himself,...and has NO business being on any media whats so ever. Just anasty out of control jerk who continually offends, then apologizes insincerely. Go Away, forever...what a creep

American Patriot

This guy is a nutjob.....hopefully soon enough ALL of this bad karma will come and bite him in the as#. What a whinny loser that happens to be rich n famous.

Bill

I call BS! He is not sorry for the slur, but sorry he got bounced from his show and he is now trying to recover. Enjoy solitude Alec.

EnquirerLover

I think a show entitled 3 Grumpy Men, starring Alec, Kelsey and Charlie would be a hilarious show! They should even add a role in there for Rob Ford! Instant Hollywood TV classic. And then tis way, these men can take their character frustrations out on a set. Instant hit. (no pun intended). Lol. Producers? You in? $$$

ketjo

Are you Happy now TMZ ......now you can act all sanctimonious and righteous and like you didn't a good thing when in fact you and yours are the biggest homophobic racist rag out there..... You Sirs are far worse then this man every will be...because you are the reason he was driven yes driven to a fit of anger and rage...you and your Papz .....

Laughing at celebrities is fun.

The liberal posterboy has rage, i'm shocked. Not. It's about as shocking as harvey being gay.