Andy Kaufman's Last GF

He's Dead Dead Dead Dead

... I Watched Him Die

11/15/2013 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1114-lynne-margulies-andy-kaufman-getty
Andy Kaufman
is dead as a doornail and he's NOT coming back, so says his last girlfriend -- who tells TMZ, she watched him die ... and the self-proclaimed "daughter" who revealed herself this week is a big fat phony.

56-year-old Lynne Margulies tells us, she was present inside the West Hollywood hospital room when Kaufman passed away in 1984 from a rare form of lung cancer. She was there, and she insists she saw him die with her own eyes.

She says, "I was in the hospital room. I was there. They would have had to switch bodies."

Lynne is convinced the 24-year-old woman who claimed she was Kaufman's daughter this week at the Gotham Comedy Club is just "pulling an Andy" and trying to perpetuate the myth that the comic's still alive.

111313_andy_koffman_daughter_launchLynne believes Andy's brother Michael -- who was hosting the 9th Annual Andy Kaufman Awards when the mystery woman stepped forward -- is in on it too.

Lynne says she knows Andy's REAL daughter Maria, who's in her 40s, and insists Andy has no other children.

If that's not enough, we've also obtained Andy's official L.A. County death record, which lists his date of death as May 16, 1984.

So now we'll ask again ...

1114-LA-County-Record-kaufman-death

1113_andy_kaufman_remembering_footer

Livvie

Andy's brother is really pathetic for continuing to perpetuate the is he or isn't he dead thing.

LDB

I don't care who you are. don't f*cking joke about cancer

Lexy

Andy and Tupac were planning a very hush-hush comeback. There's always one person who wants to ruin it.

rlemons

Who cares if that's what people wanna think let them. If it makes someone happy to believe in that.

Shanomac

I just called the girls father, it's easily found on the internet. He stated that he had no knowledge of his daughter portraying this hoax.

heidi

Already old news.

Chaz Pinna

Just send him flowers

Paula

.....and Andy is in heaven laughing his ass off that he's still tricking people into believing his death was a hoax!! Andy may be dead, but he still lives on!!!

Sarah

She was already identified on Snopes - a theater student whose father is a Manhattan psychologist, I believe. Yes, Andy's brother is in on it too.

SenorPlaid

So ... this is a story because TMZ got hosed the day before and now is trying to make up for it? Good journalism ... not that anyone at TMZ would know what good journalism was ...

Todd Rice

Oh, I only wish I could have been at his bedside to tell him how unfunny he was during his last dying breaths.

Tim C

If this was meant to amuse it falls woefully short.

Todd Rice

I only wish I could have been at Andy's side so I could tell him how painfully unfunny he was as he breathed his last breaths!

Lisa

He died in 1984....29 years ago. She is 24....so how did that happen???

shewentwhoa

Alright, how is this woman his daughter when she is 24? He died 5 years before she was born...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments