Andy Kaufman's Last GF

He's Dead Dead Dead Dead

... I Watched Him Die

11/15/2013 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1114-lynne-margulies-andy-kaufman-getty
Andy Kaufman
is dead as a doornail and he's NOT coming back, so says his last girlfriend -- who tells TMZ, she watched him die ... and the self-proclaimed "daughter" who revealed herself this week is a big fat phony.

56-year-old Lynne Margulies tells us, she was present inside the West Hollywood hospital room when Kaufman passed away in 1984 from a rare form of lung cancer. She was there, and she insists she saw him die with her own eyes.

She says, "I was in the hospital room. I was there. They would have had to switch bodies."

Lynne is convinced the 24-year-old woman who claimed she was Kaufman's daughter this week at the Gotham Comedy Club is just "pulling an Andy" and trying to perpetuate the myth that the comic's still alive.

111313_andy_koffman_daughter_launchLynne believes Andy's brother Michael -- who was hosting the 9th Annual Andy Kaufman Awards when the mystery woman stepped forward -- is in on it too.

Lynne says she knows Andy's REAL daughter Maria, who's in her 40s, and insists Andy has no other children.

If that's not enough, we've also obtained Andy's official L.A. County death record, which lists his date of death as May 16, 1984.

So now we'll ask again ...

1114-LA-County-Record-kaufman-death

1113_andy_kaufman_remembering_footer

guruagent

You can read her body language, facial movements, and micro-gestures and see she is not telling the truth. I am a professional Investigator and my analysis is she is not truthful in her statements.

@drayram

If u look at her crotch it goes this away not that a way so she's actually Asian & no relation to CoughMan I'm a professional cat wrangler in my analysis is its all BS

DA Morris

My heavens,that lady looks like Helen Mirren! Kaufman wasn't an important enough entertainer to justify the lunatic fringe claiming "he still lives",as the Elvis lunatics have done since his untimely death.

C'mon, fringers, choose someone who had some talent,maybe you can claim George Carlin "still lives".

DTD

If Kaufam made this as his last or best prank, He would have come back after a year or two not almost 30 years later.

Al

Andy wasn't funny and this isn't funny, this hoax if it was meant to attract attention or finances to his estate thus increasing his familys riches was tasteless and in the poorest of tastes.Although I am not one of his fans, he apparently had many and this is a very odd way of showing them any respect for what appears to have been their Icon.

DTD

Ya Ok!!! This broads out of her f**king mind.

rose

If you are alive then your family doesn't have your death certificate. every family gets 15 death certificates from the funeral home after that, you need to buy your own at the city hall dept.of vital statistics in the city where the person died for about fiftteen dollars each.

anonymous

I laughed at the idiots yesterday who believed this dude was alive. IDIOT SHEEP!!!! baaaaaaaa iT'S SAD HOW EASILY MANIPULATED HUMANS REALLY ARE. LOL LOL LOL

rose

she is his grandmother.

Brutal

You guys don't get it ... with the calls to leave it alone, let him rest in peace. Kaufman would be loving this. Every single second of it. He would be figuring a way to continue the ruse until it could go no more.

Mary

Back in the day, Michael Kaufman assisted his brother in playing hoaxes on the audience. This is really no different. The world lost a very funny (and at times exasperating) comic when Andy died in 1984. Move on.

Gustav LaFong

What we really want is more information about Kim Kardashian, a true American woman.

lili

Aww the poor girl is delusional

Nicoleasm

I'm assuming everyone posting on this topic is in their 40's or 50's? I have no idea who this man is, but he sounded like he was great. I heard he was touring the world wrestling with women in nightclubs, I don't understand that one

Better_Call_Saul

Did you pull off so many hoaxes that no one believes your dead? I know a guy who knows a guy that can make you really dead this time. Better Call Saul.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments