Paul Walker

Dead at 40

In Fiery Car Crash

11/30/2013 5:50 PM PST UPDATED: 11/30/2013 9:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1130_paul_walker_article_getty

Paul Walker -- best known for his role in "The Fast and the Furious" movies -- died Saturday afternoon after a single-car accident and explosion in Southern California ... TMZ has learned.

The accident happened in Santa Clarita -- north of Los Angeles -- and Paul was the passenger in the two-seater Porsche Carrera GT when the driver somehow lost control and slammed into a post or a tree ... and the car burst into flames.

Several of our sources -- some of whom were at the scene of the accident -- tell us a friend of Paul's was driving and was also killed in the fiery wreck.

113013_paul_walker_burning_launch
Cops say speed clearly played a major factor in the accident, but an exact cause has not been determined yet.

Paul was 40 years old. He leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter named Meadow.

Paul's rep tells us he was in Santa Clarita for a car show -- organized by Paul and his charitable organization Reach Out Worldwide -- to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort.

Several of his friends were attending the event ... which was very near to where the deadly accident happened.

One of Paul's friends talked to a TMZ photographer ... describing the scene ... and his efforts to save Paul from the burning car.

113013_paul_walker_friend_launch
Paul took a pic with a fan at the event earlier on Saturday, and the guy posted it ... noting how happy Walker was just hours before the crash.

The fan added, "The world lost an angel in Paul. He dedicated so much of his life to helping disadvantaged kids and people who are in need. I'm gonna do whatever I can to keep Paul's goals for the charity alive."

1130_paul_walker_fan_twitter_picture_article_2

113013_paul_walker_launch

1130_remembering_paul_walker_gallery_sub_launch_getty

Starbugary

R.I.P. Paul Walker...this is so reminiscent of Ryan Dunn, same kind of car, he hit a tree then it burst into flames, he was in the car with a passenger and both died...all gone too soon.

Spider

Don't drive Porsche.

rircsoad

Call me old-fashioned but I think it is incredibly insensitive to post the picture of the fiery car crash. C'mon, some family members are just finding out. I know you're reporting on celebrities and all but c'mon TMZ, have some sensitivity. I, for one, would hate to see a picture of my loved one's accident not even 6 hours after the fact. Especially one as gruesome as this.

Raquel

Omg. How sad is that.
RIP, Paul.

TIFFANY

Paul was an awesome actor, he was awesome and in Joy Ride and the first fast movie was my favorite. he will be missed. May he R.I.P

fifi

That is truly horrible. RIP. What a shame.

Taylor

My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends. Especially sad considering we have just entered the holiday season. Paul seemed like an incredibly decent human being, and I am very saddened at his passing. 40 is simply too young, especially for a man who had lots more to give. I wish nothing but the best for his loved ones, and hope they can find the means to heal.

Jack

Sad. But he will not RIP unless Jesus Christ was his Lord and savior.

Jack

Sad. But he will not RIP unless Jesus Christ was his Lord and savior.

Jack

Sad. But he will not RIP unless Jesus Christ was his Lord and savior.

Jack

Sad. But he will not RIP unless Jesus Christ was his Lord and savior.

kellie

RIP Paul. You will be sorely missed. One hell of an actor and an amazing man.

Jack

Light Is Sweet - Light is sweet, and it pleases the eyes to see the sun. (Ecclesiastes 11:7)

will