'Duck Dynasty' Fans

BRING BACK PHIL

A&E's Denying Him Freedom of Speech

12/19/2013 9:29 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1219-phil-robertson-01
Thousands of "Duck Dynasty" fans are on a mission to end Phil Robertson's network suspension over his anti-gay comments -- 'cause they say A&E is denying him his human rights.

Over 35 THOUSAND people have signed a petition -- which fired up yesterday on Change.org -- demanding A&E end the suspension.

Even worse for the network ... it's being ROASTED on social media by DD fans -- hundreds of people are accusing A&E of not allowing Phil Robertson his basic right to freedom of speech.

One fan put the network on blast saying, "As a gay male, is what he said wrong and not educated about how gay people really are? Yes it was. Does he have the right to speak on what he thinks YES HE DOES!"

The fan adds, "Was I offended NO I WASN'T he is a smart man and could learn the truth about things he has no idea about. He's old school you can't hate on him for his beliefs DO NOT GET RID OF PHIL ON THIS SHOW! KEEP HIM!! I will no longer watch if he's gone!!!"

So, we gotta ask ...

Kevin Jones

facebook site been up just over 16 hrs https://www.facebook.com/Philrobertsonsupport
531k likes someone was wrong

Tina

Like I woulsisten to the opinion of anyone who actually watches this show.

jas

its not like gay people watch the show

jas

Its not like gay people watch the show

Kat

This show has never hid the fact that it is a Christian based forum. They live thier lives true to who they are & what they believe. Everyone who watches this show know this and that you will hear comment that are not alway PC. but this is the only reality show where they are true to who they are REALLY (Day to Day) This was his opinion. Everyone is intitled to thier opinion. Mandated by your 1st ammendment right. May not be your opinion , may not like or agree with that opinion but it is his opinion & Yes before someone chimes in, I have alot of gay friends.

Getoverit

How many of you ACTUALLY READ what he said? Are you just basing it off what you assume he said? He said he doesn't see the appeal of having sex with other men and said that women have more to offer in his opinion.

b

I just don't understand how Adultery (abomination punishable by death) is completely ignored by these people. If you aren't a virgin until marriage, you're an adulterer. If you cheat on your spouse, you're an adulterer. Both are burning in hell forever according to the same bible condeming homosexuals. I just don't get it. Theses servants of this god are sooo arbitrary.

Rollo Tomasi

Sorry redneck morons, A&E can do whatever they won't, they aren't a government agency so saying that they are violating his freedom of speech is moronic. They aren't stopping him from saying what he wants, but they don't have to support it and don't have to have him on their program

Bob Dole

Dear all you freedom of speech defenders: The First Amendment...protects you from prosecution by the government; not from the multibillion dollar media corporation that holds the rights to your television show.

b

Phil has a freedom of speech, but so does A&E. They have no obligation to provide a pulpit for someone with whom they disagree - Freedom of speech. I enjoy have people over all the time, but I would ask my guest to leave if he/she ofended my other guests with uncivil comments.

Rolm

This filty creep should never be allowed to return Oh yes take the rest of that creepy fam with yaw

Mark Myward

LMFAO I didn't even know DD was on A&E and I've been watching for a year and a half. I don't think A&E has anything to worry about except the WRATH from the hornets nest they have shaken protecting G&L rights by punishing an AMERICAN for exercising his CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT.

godsgal01

Everyone, even Christians deserve to have their own beliefs even if they are not your own. He did say that he loves all people but that doesn't mean he has to agree with them! I am with Phil! All he did was quote the bible. Its sad that all these other groups demand their rights, well, it is time that Christians demand to have their voice without repercussion! Shame on you A&E!

TMZComments

Wait. There's a gay guy that watches Duck Dynasty?

Mind. Blown.

werduptoyomoms

Soooo...why did Paula Deen expressing her freedom of speech cause her to lose almost everything, but this dude is receiving so much support for his hateful, bigoted comments? Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with what EITHER of them said, but this hardly seems fair. If we as a nation vow to allow freedom of speech to all Americans, then it doesn't make any sense to pick and choose who gets to utilize that freedom.