'Duck Dynasty'

Family Says ...

We Won't Do the Show Without Phil

12/20/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1219-robertson-duck-dynasty

The Robertson family just drew a line in the sand with A&E -- NO PHIL, NO SHOW ... and says they are already talking to the cable channel about possibly pulling the plug on "Duck Dynasty."

The family issued a statement saying, "As a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of 'Duck Dynasty.'"

They also say they're "disappointed" that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E just for expressing his religious beliefs ... which, they point out, is his "constitutionally protected right."

Fun fact: "Duck Dynasty" is the highest rated cable reality TV show ever.

Way to go A&E.

1219_duck_dynasty_family_photos_footer_v3

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

Retail Queen

I hate to be the Grammar Nazi, but can we please have a Christmas miracle at TMZ? An article that has no spelling mistakes and proper punctuation? I cringe when I see these errors and I think it reflects lazy journalism. Glad to see the family is sticking together.

hh869

Christians JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THE SCRIPTURES WORK REALLY WELL AS TOLIET PAPER ESPECIALLY JOHN 3:16

Sips

Love the show but see you later guy's it was a good run but sence for father could not keep his moth shut he ruined it for you all. And how does his black grandson feel about what he had to say? What ever America get a bit more ****y every day

MGFunk

Only hicks and ignorant folk watch that show anyway, so who cares!!

Rachel

Another network will pick them up and trust me when I say they got alot more fans! He had a right to speak out about his beliefs and I'm glad him or his family didn't back down. I never watched their show but they got a new fan! And I know that I'm not the only one. Team Robertson!!!

Farrakhan Ashy Larry

Freedom of speech doesn't mean people have to agree with you. Dumbasses.

Mike

I think as long as the Robertson family just says they are PRO-VAGINA for guys and PRO-PENIS for women instead of anti-gay they will be just fine.

Ya gotta spin things just the right way in the media and all that or people might freak out.

Not many people are going to have angry debates on cable TV news or protest rallies that are anti-vagina. If that happens I know the world has completely lost its mind. I'd have to move to deserted island in the Pacific or something.

Seriously

You know whats funny, all you people sticking up for this hick. He is an ignorant racist bigot, but more importantly he is stoooopid. If he had simply stated, that he did not agree with gays, noone would have said anything. But he said, quite eloquently, that" It seems like to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me." Who says that? Haha! And then he continues to act like some Christian saint. Hahaha! This whole thing is retarded, not unlike the thousands of people defending this classless moron.

YoIt'sMe

Yay, YOU tell them guys!!! I don't blame you one bit!! Stand up for YOUR rights to tolerance for ALL people, not just some people!

MattS

Never cared for the show, and it is not a violation of free speech for a private employer to be offended and fire you for something you say.

Free speech simply means that so long as you don't put anybody in danger, you can legally express yourselves and not fear legal repercussions, but that doesn't mean there can be no consequences.

You may disagree with A&E for suspending him, but it was their right to do so, just as it was Robertson's right to say what he said to GQ.

YoIt'sMe

Yay!! You guys SHOW them. Tolerance is for EVERYONE not just some! I'm proud!

All-star

It's not like anyone who can read will miss that show if it goes off the air.

Just_Me

Great news...now cancel these bigoted hillbillies ASAP! Let faux news pick up that wrenched show.

Ciganos01

As a native New Yorker and not white I like this show. I praise the family for standing up to A&E and that we all should respect every belief no matter how vile they are!!!

Toilethead

Good! One less garbage fake reality show.