Steve Harvey

Cleared of Horrendous Child Abuse Allegations

12/20/2013 3:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220-steve-harvey-tmz
Steve Harvey
 was accused by his ex-wife and 11-year-old son of brutally beating the boy ... but Harvey's rep tells TMZ the comedian has been cleared.

A judge found Mary Harvey in contempt Thursday and sent her to jail for leaking sealed information about the alleged incident to the media.

As for the incident ... according to a police report -- obtained by TMZ -- Mary claims Steve got a phone call from the boy's school informing him his son lied about turning in homework.  According to the kid, Steve hit him with a belt and then a paddle board -- the kind used for hazing in fraternities.

According to the police report ... cops took photos of the boy's injuries, showing bruises on his buttocks and right thigh, as well as cuts on his leg.  The police report says the boy told cops, the beating was so brutal he had trouble urinating for days.

The matter was then referred to the Texas Dept. of Family and Protective Services.  Steve's rep tells TMZ, the Dept. concluded, "Based on the information obtained, the child does not appear to be at risk ... the case is closed without further investigation."

Mary believes that it's all a cover-up, and she's been on a campaign for several years to expose him.  But yesterday the judge had enough and felt she violated the protective order in the case and threw her in jail for 30 days.

Sadiemay

This guy is creepy

Russ

I would bet this is not the 1st or only issue they have had with their son. I sorry but I bet the kid does not do it again

annonymouss

Wonder if anyone's gonna boycott Family Fued regardless...

Mimi

Could not urinate for days. OMG, what could have happened to this child, kidneys backing up??

SMH. Brooke Muller's judge works in Texas, too.

moviereviewgeek

well said, If the boy had physical injuries from corporal punishment then it is abuse. With that being said, there are not enough parents willing to spank a child now a days and the kids have gone wild. JMO

HngBlkBtm

I don't like something about that man. He's so stuck on Steve Harvey and he always throws God in the middle of each conversation.

Ferndog68

I was a Kid that came from Mexican parents. We grew up in south central in the 80's. my dad was a dishwasher. He came home 30 minutes after work was over everyday since I can remember. My mom died 5 years ago. Now that I am grown I ask him things I wondered as a child. I remember when I would do something bad he would sit me down. He would tell me a story of his childhood and of his struggles . The stories where long and a lot I don't remember except that they would end with him telling me he loved me and that I needed to get his belt cause I was about to get my ass kicked. I asked him why he did that. He said. "Son , you grew up in the worst place in Los Angeles and I had to do everything in my power as a father to protect you from straying away, I told you about my struggles so you would understand my history, I told you About your wrong doings and why it was so, I told you to get the belt. And before I hit you I told you I loved you and that I was hitting you cause you earned it not cause I wanted to". Many might not understand but it's a different culture (I'm not talking racially , I'm talking poverty, and living in the worst of the worst . Crack heads, gangs, race riots, graffiti , you name it. There was no time out. Time out from what???? Not like he could take our belongings . Not like he could take our Atari . Get it??? There is no time out when u don't have anything to take time out from . So the only thing my dad had was love, words of encouragement , hugs when I did good and a belt when I didn't. And I understand that. And maybe that's why I never went to jail . Maybe that's why non of my brothers and sisters got into gangs or drugs. Maybe that's why we have graduated with B.S's or B.A's. there is a big difference between punishment and abuse. I'm not saying Steve is right cause I don't know the extent of the damage . But I agree that if a kid isn't doing right, then correct that even if its tough love or else they might fall into wrong things. Hello Lindsey lohan . Hello Macaulay coulken. Hello Miley Cyrus. Hello Justin beiber, hello

skittles

this case was filed yrs ago his son is 15 and she gave up custody , that women is a liar and drama queen

HngBlkBtm

The guy seems fake and creepy. He always talks about his money and God. Kinda like the Tankards of Nashville. It kinda makes a true believer stand back and say Hmmm?

nick

Too many mean lil ****s in world.......beat his ass....also Mary is an evil bitch

L. Cordelle

If I was Steve Harvey's son, I probably wouldn't be visiting him again.

If the description of what happened is true, and if the child was injured, then Steve Harvey is definitely a child abuser. That is true even if Child Protective Services in Texas failed to protect the child.

bs corrector

Spare the rod spoil the child....at least he wont be shooting up schools ..take notes white people..whip their asses

Charles J Stecker Jr

Being a survivor of childhood abuse or as I now call it, criminal activity imposed upon me, I can tell you first hand that just because Wynton is "Smiling" does not mean he wasn't beaten and abused. Smiling becomes our coping mechanism when telling didn't help. One Question comes to mind... Where did the injuries that the "Police" photographed come from? UGH the Injustice in our Justice System is apalling... I'm not saying that Steve Harvey did it. I'm saying someone obviously did, and why hasn't that been determined? A Smile is sometimes Make Up for the Fear Filled Face Beneath It. How do I know first hand? Read This... http://eaglerarelife.com/node/553

jmentity

The problem with kids today is a lack of discipline which ultimately leads to no accountability and kids that have no respect for anything. My mother ruled with an iron fist and when I or my siblings got out of line it was "lights out" not this "time out" B.S. We got real ass beatings and I am grateful for each one. I raise my kids the in the same manner that I was raised because I refuse to lose them to these streets. Good job Steve.

IsakHadz

You know, my parents would hit me with a belt when I was a child. It led to severe problems in my life such as "respect for people" "respect for elders" "not being a spoiled brat"... I sure do wish my parents never spanked me or I wouldn't be such a respectable person!
(sarcasm for those who don't understand)