'Duck Dynasty'

Other Networks Circle Like Sharks

If A&E Passes, We're In!

12/22/2013 12:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1220-duck-dynasty-hunt-pursuit-ap
"Duck Dynasty" will NOT go homeless if A&E decides to pull the plug ... TMZ has learned, at least two other networks are salivating at the chance to pick up the popular reality show.

The owner of the popular Christian-affiliated Hunt Channel -- a guy named Merrill Sport -- tells TMZ, he'd pick up DD in a heart beat ... and would beam the show straight to its most loyal viewers: sportsmen and Christians.

He says, "We believe in the 2nd amendment and freedom of speech ... A&E needs to put on their big boy pants, and if they don't like the programming, they need to either let [DD] go or shut up and pay them."

Sports adds, "A&E is too scripted. [Hunt Channel] would let the personalities flow."

Rusty Faulk, CEO of the outdoorsy Pursuit Channel agrees, telling us Pursuit is 100% interested in grabbing DD if A&E takes a pass. Rusty adds, "We don't censor our personalities."

Even if DD comes to an end on A&E, we're told its contract with the family provides they couldn't do another show for a certain period of time.

BB not bb

I kind of think that A&E developed this show with the intention of making Christians look like a pack of freaks. Then when they got wildly popular, the whole plan backfired. They became roll models and icons, not really freaks being laughed at.

I personally can't relate tot these people to the point that I can enjoy watching them. Then again, I personally can't stand all of the phony self righteous people in churches. Maybe this appeals to the be as scuzzy as you want to be mentality. They think that Jesus will love them anyway, so let it all hang out.

These people don't strike me as holy and pious. They look like I don't know what. It is a worldly kind of look to me. Just the manner of speaking of the older men shows a lack of refinement. I am wondering if they sit and read the Bible and meditate on it daily.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I never heard of either of these channels. Sorry, to break it to do dude, Duck Dynasty family is as fake as the Kardashians.

some guy

FYI they have specially designed duck calls that strictly attract gay ducks. Strangely enough, whenever it's used, Harvey goes into heat.

BB not bb

I am thinking back to the days of Little House on the Prairie where a lot of the scenes were filmed in the local church. Is that something that is no longer tolerated? The minister was a regular character on that show. They would stand and sing hyms together in the church and pray over their meals and whatever.

Now is this kind of thing deemed offensive? I find the shows with gay people making out offensive beyond words. I thought TV had a tradition of allowing Christian shows on.

I remember hearing Bringing in the Sheaves and Onward Christian Soldiers sung on Little House on the Prairie. I wonder if they would film the Robertsons in their church singing some hymns.

Sips

Whatever tv or not there still some rich a$$ redneck's who all went to college if gay people can not suck it up and deal with the fact that some people in this country do not like there life style it's not like PETA cry's every time they kill a duck. It's so ridiculous how now a days people can no longer have an opinion on gay people without there immature asses crying about it grow up worry about real life **** let people live

Clins

I think Phil, Paula Deen, Ted Nugent and Sara Palin should start their own show called real American Bigots I am sure it would be a hit!

portapotty

And. Logos cam start the joy of feces

portapotty

Ha ha a & e screwed themselves

Sue

Just let gay people live their life and with the same rights as all. African American people have fought hard to be given equal rights and they did go through hell. It would be really great if celebrities only spoke of the injustices happening in our world not commenting on people's lifestyles that aren't hurting anyone that isn't any of their business.

Sue

Not interested would never watch their show. Hope they fade away quickly. I was hoping someone else like them would fit it as a permanent replacement for their show. But people with views that don't put others down. Maybe we should all mind our business when it comes down to what gays do.

Black Dirt Goodness

I saw an article on The Drudge where A&E warned Phil about speaking out about gays and race relations. That makes me believe it's only a matter of time before something comes out with him trashing blacks too.

BB not bb

I think it is all a matter of corporate bullying . It is like they want you to check with them before speaking your mind. Oh you used the wrong word, you are fired. Oh you made an inappropriate joke, you are fired. Oh you offended someone be telling the m they are against God's law, you are fired.

These corporations have no respect for the worker at all. It is like at will slavery. On top of that they do it all publicly so it is like a spectacle. It is like throwing Christians to the lions. It is like offering tributes in the Hunger Games.

Paula Deen was so hurt by all the public outcry that she almost had a breakdown. I guess anyone who maintains personal standards is fair game. The only standards allowed are corporate standards.

This is fascism. Do not support it.

portapotty

DD should move and take their huge audience with them

NE1

wow those cable companies sound prestigious enough to reach to tens if not hundreds of homes across the US.

CT