'Duck Dynasty'

Phil Robertson Suspension is Over

... Says A&E

12/27/2013 3:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1227-phil-robertson-a-and-eThe "Duck Dynasty" war with A&E is over -- the network just announced Phil Robertson is no longer suspended ... and filming will resume in a few months.

The network says their strong sense of integrity caused them to react quickly to Phil's GQ interview ... and after consulting with numerous advocacy groups they made a decision to bring him back.

The network adds, "As a global media content company, A+E Networks’ core values are centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect. We believe it is a privilege for our brands to be invited into people’s home and we operate with a strong sense of integrity and deep commitment to these principles."

The network says they plan to roll out a new PSA campaign on their network in the wake of what happened ... promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance.

A&E adds, "Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love."

Pffth

I think it is sad either side is trying to antagonize the other. I don't agree with what Phil said but I agree with his right to say it, A&E knew exactly who they were getting, this man's beliefs have not changed (as pointed out by TMZ). TMZ has actually just given facts, with the exception of calling out A&E for being hypocrites. Phil will apologize to no one.,.this man believes what he says. I supported gay right before it was "trendy" and "PC" and will continue to do so, just like I will continue to support the right of every American to say and believe as the choose. I do not have to agree....it is above my pay grade.

Mayu

I think they did the right thing... but I think it was because they were spineless and caved to pressure and not because the KNEW it was the right thing to do. Either way... 'tis a good day for Christians, Free Speech and true Diversity. Diversity isn't just for sexuality and race. It's also for differences of beliefs/religions. If you can't tolerate someone's belief simply because you don't agree with it.. then you can't talk about "Diversity and Tolerance" as liberals like to do.

Diamond Goddess!

Good, 'cuz free speech is NOT only for the libtardz!!!

D. Moon

Congrats to Phil and thank you A&E .

Sash81

GET OVER IT!!! YOU Americans take things to far and to serious. Always crying for someone saying something or trying to sue somebody.. EVERYONE is entitled to free speech.. HERE HAVE A TISSUE

Jamntam

Love it! Happy happy happy!

Ratings Needed

"network says their strong sense of integrity" WHAAATTT!!!???? INTEGRITY!! BS! They exploit all the people on their network shows so they can be made fun of by people that don't live in the South! That was their intent w/DD only THAT BACKFIRED on them & the show became the biggest hit on TV & made them millions!!! Integrity!!! what a joke they are I hope when DD's contract is up they go to another network.

the_truth

We all know this is about money, but at the same time, this is so great. For once, the bullies known as GLAAD did not win. They didn't watc h the show to begin with, as Phil has never hid his disdain for them. Noone will care about the PSAs, they won't be genuine and for once, someone gets to speak their mind and not be sent to counseling for their right to their free mind. Go Free Speech!

Emilio

That's ducked up...

Truth

Huh, what happened to Jesse Jackson? Didn't he give an ultimatum yesterday? Talk about irrelevant!! NICE WORK JESSE!

me

Thanks to this thread. I hate phill likers and phill haters. You're all idiots and only see the world in shades. In other words, you only see right and wrong.. Only you are the only right one! I don't expect a single person that posts here to understand that. Hate on..

Carl

I don't care if you are pro-Phil or anti-Phil. However, I think we can all agree that A&E has no concerns beyond money. If throwing Phil under the bus would have made them more money they would have done it. Since keeping him on the air makes them more money they are doing that. Don't fool yourself into thinking there is anything to the original suspension or his reinstatement that goes beyond that.

NunYaBizNezz

I'm calling out the BS!!

they knew they'd lose bank ..$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
it's all about the corporate Dollars they rake it.

Sheryl

"......promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance."
This goes BOTH ways. You cant just have zero tolerance for people that live differently then you, and proclaim tolerance and acceptance, and not tolerate and accept anothers view's,. Mr. Robertson has the right, under the U.S. Constitution to live, love, and believe what he believe's in. Period.

And no, I do not watch his show.

me

And don't beat your chest if the cards fall your way. Its not cool and does nothing for whatever cause you're backing! This is not a f-Ing football game! Folks opposed to phill feel like their friends and/ or families lifestyles are being jeopardized! And vice versa for phill likers! Please try to be civil! All y'all do is breed hate!