Y & R's Michael Muhney

Fired For Allegedly

Groping Co-Star's Breasts

1/4/2014 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0103-michael-muhney-Hunter-King-tmzMichael Muhney, a big soap star who played Adam Newman on "The Young & the Restless" -- was fired last month after one of his co-stars complained to the brass that he grabbed her boobs -- on 2 occasions ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the show tell TMZ ... 38-year-old Muhney allegedly bullied and harassed 20-year-old Hunter King, who plays Summer on the show.  She went to higher-ups and complained recently Muhney had fondled her breasts on 2 occasions -- and she said both were unsolicited and unwanted.

Sources tell us ... the new allegations were the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back."  Muhney -- who is married with 3 kids -- had been a problem on the set for a long time, allegedly bullying and harassing Hunter and others.  He even admitted in a recent interview with HuffPo's Canada TV after getting fired, "Sometimes I've walked around with a big backpack of hubris."

Muhney's last show will air January 30th.

Muhney has been an extremely popular character on the show, and fans are threatening to stop watching.

Calls and emails to Muhney's rep were not returned.

DoxieMomma19

This is just bull. I sure hope MM sues Hunter, Y&R and all of the producers and others who are supporting this outrageous and defamatory story.

chicago_animal

She's hot!

She's baaaack

I'm finding it kind of creepy that so many of you people are completely wrapped up not only in the soap but in the real life soap stuff that goes on around it. Well, maybe I'm not because I get all wrapped up in TMZ, so I guess if I watched television more I'd get all involved in it too. Never mind.

KCalgary

Lets remember the title of this story includes "allegedly".... I don't believe any of it for a minute....

dree21

I don't believe this one bit. Hunter King is a terrible actress & if you go on her Instagram page, she has her boobs & cleavage all out. She might have flirted with him & made advances at him....you never know.

alwaysthinkin

I can't believe these woman are more concerned with their soap opera then someone being assaulted. If he was fired, he obviously did something wrong.

Truthseeker

I'm so glad the truth came out!

He's been going around acting like he's been the victim, playing the poor me and "my poor kids..I'm their hero" role, and alleging that Eric Braeden got him fired. When in fact, he's a creep who was fired for just cause!

How low and snake like is this guy?!

He acts like he's the greatest gift to Y&R. He has his delusional and rabid fans convinced that he's he best actor on the show. He has no respect for the veteran actors who can run rings around him when it comes to talent.

I can't believe idiots were threatening to not watch the show and creating petitions to bring back a person who is unprofessional and harasses a young girl.

He's ugly inside and out.. Arrogant. And he's my least favorite actor. I'm so glad he's gone. I'm tired of seeing him on my screen.

My condolences to Hunter King (Summer) who had to feel his repulsive touch.

go home!

This is total BS! There is one internet troll who started this rumor on the boards and you basically quoted them word-for-word. Have you even talked to anyone official from CBS? If you knew anything about Muhney, you would know as a young kid he was bullied himself and has been an advocate against it for years. He also is very in love with & dedicated to his family. I can't wait for him to call his lawyers about your post TMZ and the person who started this crap as it is officially on now.

Connie

This is nothing but a crock of crap designed to bring more attention to TMZ. Shame on you for posting this.

Glenda

This why this world is so screwed up, people would rather forgive someone because their a "Popular" character rather than chastising them for inappropriate behavior, no telling what he's like at home. Let him go and recast simple as that.

Connie

A crock of crap. TMZ posted this to boost it's readers.

damienevil

the truth is he wanted more cash

Annie B For Real

Poor Adam. I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU. But knowing Summer she gave him a reason to touch them.

damienevil

remember this is tmz..the place that doesnt know 65 is not 68!!!....so take with truck load of salt

Livvie

This is such a lie and there is zero proof this actually happened. Who paid you to post this? Everyone knows that JFP fires people she doesn't like and Michael was having issues with her (not kissing her a.s.s.) and Eric Braeden (not liking the competition MM was giving him, not kissing his a.s.s.). Also anyone who knows Michael would realize this story is a lie. He would never jeopardize his marriage or career for some little skank.