Michael Bay

Freaks Out Onstage -- Walks Off

1/6/2014 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

010614_michael_bay_launch_v2

Michael Bay melted down in Vegas today ... after his teleprompter malfunctioned.

The "Transformers" director was the featured speaker for Samsung TV at the CES convention.  No sooner did he walk out on stage when it was evident something was terribly wrong.

Michael went blank and then made a reference to "type" ... we've confirmed it was a teleprompter problem.  He said he'd wing it, but watch the video ... that didn't happen.

Michael walked off the stage ... leaving the audience and the moderator dumbfounded.

Anyway ... dialogue was never his strong suit.

update_graphic_red_bar4:12 PM PT -- Bay posted a message on his website explaining the fail ... "Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES ... I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP's intro line and then the teleprompter got lost."  Then he added the obvious, "I guess live shows aren't my thing."

Jillkp

Wow for someone who should be intelligent looked pretty pathetic. As if he couldn't deal with that!

Dina

It all started with the hand shake and leg kick. If your mojo is off you should not attempt this move. As a director he should know how important it is to leave your nerves at home or find someone else to make Samsung and Transformers look good.

Bypass

Transformers 4: Rise of the Teleprompters

jogutier

Lol lame ass

Livvie

lol well at least he admits he embarrassed himself.

81anthonydc

Cocaine is a hellava drug

clarkins

more Hollywood Bull****.. just goes to show that can't talk without a script. if they are not provided liberal talking points in a memo.. the freeze up.

Pillsbury Pancakes

What about an unexpected boner?

Kiloshi

D-bag! Again and again........

Tsoda40

I take it he didn't pass Speech class😕

Carl

Directing good movies isn't his thing either.

Timmy Boy

If i made the movies he makes I'd be embarrased too.

PatinNJ

Just like the commie-in-chief, he is lost without a teleprompter. Just another uneducated empty head.

pattycake

He is used to Hollywood production with pros..not this BS…id have walked off too.

panocheezy

If this were ''his'' dream? Shouldnt he be able to describe it without a teleprompter?. He should have no problem whatsoever explaining what his ''dream'' IS. Are we really at this point?.. I have to admit he had me there at the beggining. But by result of the video you can say Michael Bay has LOST credibility. Hes probably just the rich guy writing off the checks. Taking someone elses credit for himself.