Ron White

Selling Jim Beam to the Japanese is ...

Un-American!

1/14/2014 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0113-ron-white-jim-beam-makers-markYou know you're a redneck if ... you swear to give up drinking Jim Beam and Maker's Mark for selling the company to a Japanese liquor brand -- which is exactly what comedian Ron White is doing.

The "Blue Collar Comedy" legend tells TMZ ... he's vowing to NEVER DRINK Jim Beam or Maker's Mark again -- after Beam Inc. (which distributes both) announced Monday it'd be selling the company to Suntory in Japan.

Ron explains, "It’s a goddamn shame! There’s not too many things American these days…hot dogs maybe, and bourbon. But them selling outside the United States is disappointing."

It's OK ... at least we still have Pappy Van Winkle -- if you can find it.

BLUE UGLY 💩

i agree

Miara

Hot dogs originated in Germany. lol

NOT ELMO

I HEAR HE LOVES PIZZA....

RaineeDrops

Anyone who owns Beam Inc. stock, raise your glasses and .....cheers!

As for Ron White, look at the source. It would help his health to drop all the "spirits."

static

I hope they go broke.

ama

Don't blame him. I don't drink that stuff, but I was dissapointed when I heard about this.

billybob

He's right! Throwing an A-Bomb on Tokyo would be much more American . . .and i would like it!

Matt

I never drank the stuff, but it does seem like a shame to sell it to someone in another country.

It's Me

I'm with him on that ... no more Jim Beam. I also quit drinking Budweiser when it was sold to InBev. Time to start buying American from American "owned" companies if we ever expect to get this country back on track. Learn it!!!

James

You can't fix stupid.

STFUP

I'll make the same pledge. It's really a shame. They could have easily found a U.S. buyer.
I also refuse to drink any mass-produced beer (those owned by AB/In-Bev or SAB Miller/Coors), or any beer by a brewery that has been 'sold' to those big boys. Neither are U.S. companies (AB/In-Bev = Belgium. SAB Miller/Coors = Brazil/Argentina).

She's baaaack

I love the way someone gets all indignant and says they'll never buy, or in this case drink, something again. Someone please tap him on the shoulder and tell him that they won't miss him.

Buster

What a racist @ssh0le. I bet he is not going to stop drinking InBev products even though they are owned by a European /Brazillian corporation. Guess who InBev owns? A little company called Anheuser-Busch.

Lynn

Right along with Smithfield foods, home of the Smithfield hams and other pork products, being sold to the communist Chinese. Money talks and American business's walk overseas.

News Flash