Madonna

Calling My Son the N-Word Was ...

'A Term of Endearment'

1/18/2014 1:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0118-madona-GettyMadonna says she had no idea people would take such offense over her use of the n-word yesterday -- even though at 55 she probably should.

Madge released a statement moments ago saying she's not a racist ... and her use of the hashtag "#disni**a" in reference to her son on Instagram Friday was not meant as a racial slur.

Madonna explains, "There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention ... It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white."

Madonna adds, "I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me."

Translation: I should stay off Instagram.

charles

Madonna,
No mother of a black child who is respectable calls her child the N--word. You are too ignorant to be the mother of a black child. Your expectations are zero of that child. You want to run him into the streets and cop your drugs. Be-ich.

Brooke

So wait wait wait... its ok for black people to say it, but not okay for whites? Um, and y'all say "cracka" all the time I'm sure. I'm sick of people being so judgy and sensitive like a bunch of babies. Get over it, grow a pair, and worry about yourself.

truth angel

She's 55. When will she act her age? I'm so sick of her and her lame attempts at being current. Her music is terrible, her holier than thou attitude is garbage. She needs to retire already and put us out of our misery. Her using that word is demeaning to all races.

Gina madonna

Let madonna be madonna. . Who cares what She does... she's been in the limelight so long, nothing is surprising. If they got offended, that's on them. Learn to not take things personal.

Bubba

Geez she is one ugly woman

brandy

ok ***** is a slang term, its not racist its like saying whats up my brother or something like that, ppl say it all the time to their friends, big deal and its not racist

madge4ever

There are more white people getting their panties in a wad than black folks. The lady had two adopted BLACK kids and has a charity helping, HIV/AIDS orphaned children in Malawi.

Gucci gotdamn it

PLEASE THAT WORD IS USE SO MUCH NOW AND DAYS, PEOPLE JUST WANT SOMETHING TO ARGUE ABOUT. GET OVER IT, IM A GAY MALE AND WHEN PEOPLE SAY NASTY THING TOWARD ME, THIS IS I WHAT I ASK. HOW DOES MY SEXUALITY FIT IN YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE? IT DOES'NT RIGHT. EXACTLY ! THAT THE CASE THE WORD SHOULD BE BAN FOR EVERYONE TO USE. NOT ONE RACE SHOULD BE EXCLUDED.

tlmax

dont tell me she said ******

Skippatnt

First off Harvey your two girl employees need to get lives. Sure I believe Madonna made a huge mistake and her apology was half ass, but the woman is relevant! She is MADONNA for crying out loud! If she wasn't you guys wouldn't even be talking about it! She is a legend that we will continue to talk about in years to come!

MrsK

LmAO...so when you guys actually DO use it ..after asking WHY you can't....you crucify each other...goodness gracious....

craig williams

She needs to be a mom and not hang out with her young kids she is suppose to act like a mom, and the hole N- word thing let me say this. You have a black child in your family. you no better and you should show some respect for you adopted child

THEsam

her son is white... that's just weird

Gordon Campbell

She also said "get off my d*ck."Which confirms that she is growing one.

Madonna