'Shipping Wars' Star

Dead

After Suffering Heart Attack

1/19/2014 12:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0118-roy-garber-ae
One of the stars of the A&E show "Shipping Wars" died Friday night after suffering a heart attack ... TMZ has learned.

Roy Garber -- a popular character on the hit show -- was rushed to a hospital in Texas after suffering a heart attack and passed away shortly after -- this according to his long-time girlfriend.

Sources close to the family  tell us Roy had a heart condition for some time.

A rep for the show says they are "deeply saddened by the loss of a member of the A&E family."

He was 49-years old.

john

He wasn't the best character on the show, the chick with the big boobs was or still is, Roy was a crotchety old bitch

john

RIP you A hole

RevRoy

I will miss Royota

RevRoy

I liked Royota

backofftmz

Why were you smoking so much with a heart condition? The show won't be the same

PureRadiance

Sad

notnowkato

Fun show. A&E has great leadership.
RIP friend!

BRIAN

LOVED EVERY SHOW - VERY VERY SAD DAY = HAD MY HEART ATTACK LAST YEAR JAN 5 AND LOST MY KIDNEYS AN I WAS ONLY 40. LOVE YA ROY = HOPES AND PRAYERS GOING OUT TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. MAY YOU REST IN PEACE!

john

Smoking cigs with a heart condition = death wish.

thundercats33

Dam that sucks..wish his family the best especially since he had a son

Susie

Oh, this is really sad :/ As ruff and gruff this man was I loved him to pieces!! I just started watching this show last season, not sure if that was the first season but he brought everything to it.!!! He was NOT going to be treated like some bodunk redneck and get paid squat for all that work. The things these people expect, all the loading, unloading, packed this way, packed that way, then do this and Roy did at least try to get a buck for it. I probably will not watch the show because he was the star to me. Rip Roy, you are the best!!

tc.559_young-gun

He might of been rude. But he would have been the only person I would have been the one person I would use to ship my stuff .rip roy .

Dianne

So sad and yes will miss Roy. People, if you cannot write something possitive when a person passes away please why not just not write nothing? He has a family out there. Keep your negativeness to yourselves. He has passed and I am sure his son sees these. Give it a break!
Another thing, cigarettes, drugs, booze, whatever, it doesn't matter, when it is time to go, it is time to go! None of this matters. You cannot stop the time or day. Stop planning your death or thinking you can control your life. It is not in your hands. Those vices don't kill a person.

bullj

very sad rip roy.really liked him on show.

bullj

very sad,rip roy, you were the best,like your show.